We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

Santa Monica, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

I see two listed on tripadvisor's list of hotels in Subic. I can only find the website of one of them.

Angeles City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

There is White Rock and there is Blue Rock, two differentbtype of hotels, White Rock is only one! Expensive though

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
270 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

Oh that's right, probably TA members erroneously created a second hotel name. The 'Whiterock' has more entries, probably the original one. While the 'White Rock' has fewer entries. This should be consolidated by the TA Admin to avoid further confusion.

I haven't been there, only saw it from outside.

I know it's quite upscale.

If its your first time in the Philippines and want to make the most out of your trip to Subic, then that would be a good pampering experience.

Alternatively you may want to try Camayan Beach Resort. It is nearer to the Subic attractions. I don't know about their prices, but I think this is a newer resort than White Rock.

Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

been coming back whiterock everytime we had a chance. yes, quite pricey but we love coming back because my children love it there. the beach in Subic is quite polluted (in my opinion) so i dont let my kids wade in the beach. Nowadays if we have no business in Subic and we want to swim and chill out we go to Fontana in Clark, better with Whiterockbut not that pricey as and and it is just 1 1/2 drive from Manila.

Edited: 27 July 2012, 02:05
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

i mean "better THAN Whiterockbut not as pricey and it is just 1 1/2 drive from Manila"

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

There is only one white rock hotel and resort in subic.

It's website is -

http://www.whiterock.com.ph/

It is more popular with out-of-towner families and groups of friends. located a bit away from baloy beach., but has a large beach of it's own and good facilities.

(Reading between the lines, this means the beaches are nicer, you won't find 60 year old lolos with 20 something Filipinas. This also means it is crowded on weekends with people frolicking in the sands, eating, jet skiing, playing volleyball and building sand castles)

(Incidentally, white rock is closer to being in Subic (actually it is in Matain) as compared to all the other places listed in TA and supposedly in subic, but actually in subic bay, and in Olongapo, SBMA and Baretto.

But anyways, Subic itself, being a fishing village, really does not have anything for a tourist.

Santa Monica, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

Thank you all for the feedback!

7. Re: Are there two White Rock Hotels in Subic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 05:17