We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

subic tour please help

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
subic tour please help

hi guys...

it's been years now since i had updated my account here..

hmmm... i badly neeed help..

will be coming back to subic but this time ill try visiting ocean adventure and zoobic safari

for a monthsary and birthday celebration...

im planning to have a bus trip from victory bus terminal monumento (from manila) to olongapo

i got a deal voucher of 50% off for entrance fee on zoobic safari

got these questions in mind though :

1. from olongapo bus terminal are there any available transportation going to zoobic safari or ocean adventure? like how long is the travel time and how much for the fare?

2. how far is zoobic safari from ocean adventure? walking distance? if not, are there available transportation?

3. are there any hotel accomodations near zoobic safari and ocean adventure which is also near beach area? can you please help me guys find the perfect accomodation for me for 1 night

july 8 2013?

comments / suggestions are very much welcome

thanks in advance,,,

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: subic tour please help

Seems everyone's busy :(

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: subic tour please help

Hi,

1. from olongapo bus terminal, you can either take a yelow jeepney or trike to the main gate of sbma, and a taxi from there to zoobic safari (the taxi will cost you about 600-700 pesos... yeah taxi costs are a rip off in subic!)

ou CAN take a taxi direct from olongapo bus terminus, but since there is no taxi stand 9and taxis are not used much in olongapo), ou will have to look for this.

A good thing is buses coming from manila to olongapo via sctex stop at teh ayala mall before olongapo - get down here and you can take a taxi direct to zoobic (600-700 pesos). Ditto for ocean adventure (there is a free shuttle from ayala tozoobic / ocean adventure too )

Time = 20 minutes

It is a good 25 minute walk through a isolated road fromzoobic to ocean adventure. My advice? Do zoobic safari one day andocean adventure another day - They have sufficient to see for a whole day each

3. No - there are no accommodations near zoobic - but there is a star beach resort next to ocean adventure (5000 pesos per night) mentioned on the ocean adventure website. What most people do instead is to stay in SBMA (there are about 10-15 hotels along waterfront road costing 2500 pesos each) and make a trip in the morning to the place you wish to see.

All the hotels along waterfront road are not listed on TA, but I think most are on google maps.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: subic tour please help

@YouLiveOnlyOnce :

great help sir :D

hmmm im trying to figure things out...

hmmm here's the case though...

won't you advise to do zoobic in the morning and ocean adventure in the afternoon instead?

we'll be @ the area starting july 8 and plan to comeback in manila the next day...

regarding this :

A good thing is buses coming from manila to olongapo via sctex stop at teh ayala mall before olongapo - get down here and you can take a taxi direct to zoobic (600-700 pesos). Ditto for ocean adventure (there is a free shuttle from ayala tozoobic / ocean adventure too )

Time = 20 minutes

***i can have the free shuttle from ayala mall to zoobic or ocean adventure right?

is there a specific time for pick up?

thanks a bunch :D

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: subic tour please help

Hi bhiekai14 .

There is no free shuttle to Zoobic Safari. If it's any help, the free shuttle to Ocean Adventure leaves Harbor Point at 12:30 pm. It seems you want to do both Zoobic Safari and Ocean Adventure on the same day. If that's the case, you can save one way taxi from Ayala Mall to Ocean Adventure, but you might miss doing the Zoobic Safari (which might be closing soon after you finished Ocean Adventure).

Happy Subic Adventure!

Rochert

Edited: 25 June 2013, 06:48
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: subic tour please help

Camayan Beach Resort is right beside Ocean Adventure

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: subic tour please help

awtsss. thanks for the help guys...

maybe i really need to do it one at a time

first day for zoobic safari

next day @ ocean adventure...

any other suggestions for my itenerary?

like what should come first?

had availed of specials for both activities

still looking for best yet cost effective hotel accomodation

any other suggestion guys aside from CAMAYAN?

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: subic tour please help

first day for zoobic safari, next day @ ocean adventure... is perfect. Ocean adventure takes all day while Zoobic can be done in half a day (it is a bit more kitschy).

As for hotels, Kamayan is the ONLY palce to stay near Zoobic / Ocean adventure (the area is in teh midst of wilderness otherwise). Crown peak has a hotel, for about 1500 pesos per night, but the only way to travel there is taxi (300 pesos) plus no restaurants (it is wilderness amidst buildings!)

The best palces to stay are in SBMA - at sensible costs. Buena vista costs about 1500 pesos per night, otehr hotels alogn the waterfront road - from Vista marina to terrace hotel and herbies mansion, cost about 1500-3000 pesos per night.

There are also two hotels - "grand hooyah"and "mango valley"- these cost 2500 pesos and have LOTS of rooms - in fact each ahs about 3 buildings 500 meters away from each other. Tehy al linclude breakfast int eh tariff and there are many restaurants close to them (plus ayala harbor point mall)

You CAN stay in Olongapo for 1000-1500 pesos per night, but it is crowded and nto as "holiday moodish"as SBMA which has wide roads, no crowds and open green spaces.

any other suggestions for my itenerary?

like what should come first?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: subic tour please help

thanks for the info,,,

sad to say...

my travel dates needs to be on

july 8 arrival and leave the next day for work :(

so i really would go for half day zoobic and half day ocean adventure...

i had checked @ travel lodge along mabini @ 1500 pesos per night

im considering the place since i dont need to hire a cab when im about to go home the next day...

thanks for all the help guys...

ill update you soon :D

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: subic tour please help

Have a good time :)

10. Re: subic tour please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 19:15