We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere nice to stay in Leon with use of kitchen

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
370 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere nice to stay in Leon with use of kitchen

Hi

I'm a 60 yr old female solo traveller.

Towards the end of my trip, I'm staying in Leon for 5 nights (then 5 nights Corn Islands then 1 night Managua then back to UK).

I could really do with finding somewhere to stay where I can prepare some meals. Airbnb doesn't seem to have anything suitable (I've looked through 3 times already). Maybe I need to look for a private room in a nice hostel (definitely not a party place though!).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Christine Bennett

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere nice to stay in Leon with use of kitchen

I believe Harvest House Nicaragua (b&b) which runs around 35$ US per night, allows use of their kitchen.

I am also compiling a list of rooms to stay in for four nights in december, this place was on my list. check it out on the Leon forum, under hotels, then b&bs...

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere nice to stay in Leon with use of kitchen

We like Hostal Guardabarranco, $20.

We also slept at Sonati and got a room across the street in a quieter house but they moved so now all rooms might be together. Still it didn't look like one of those party hostels. $15.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere nice to stay in Leon with use of kitchen

Hotel Cacique Adiact

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
370 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere nice to stay in Leon with use of kitchen

Thanks for the various suggestions.

I am looking seriously at La Tortuga Booluda & have sent an e mail off to them (I really only want Room 8 which has a private balcony & AC). Location looks pretty central & there is a shared kitchen.

My 2nd choice if it doesn't work out is Hostal Guardabarranco. It is in a central location & isn't a party hostel (which is great news!). Being near a supermarket is a big plus for me as I'd be there 5 days.

Harvest House is a bit far out (location is given as 'other side of Leon, 10 blocks from Central Park).

Hostel Sonati didn't look too bad (a bit run down maybe). As soon as I got to the review in Sept 2015 mentioning bed bugs (confirmed by the owner so it wasn't a spurious claim by a competitor), I was off!

If anyone else has any other suggestions of somewhere fairly central with use of a kitchen, I'd be grateful.

Christine Bennett

5. Re: Somewhere nice to stay in Leon with use of kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2016, 00:17