We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula

We have hired a driver to tour the Mission Peninsula wineries on a Sunday in August. We'll want to have lunch during the day and I'm wondering if we should bring a cooler with sandwiches we have bought in town or if there is anywhere on the peninsula that has pre-made (or quickly made) sandwiches that we could take to a winery to eat? I see Bad Dog Deli, is that the best/only option?

As I understand it, none of the wineries serve meals, but are there any that might be more receptive to someone who brought a lunch to eat on the grounds (or course before or after a tasting)?

5 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
6,191 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula

Try here http://thepeninsulamarket.com/madefresh/

We had a terrible customer service experience at Bad Dog and it took forever. 2 strikes was enough to never go back nor recommend it. Shame because the food was good.

Niles, Michigan
Level Contributor
94 posts
192 reviews
2. Re: To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula

Bonobo winery has a great food selection. They have a menu listed on their website. It's a wonderful winery. There are a couple restaurants as well on the peninsula.

Southeast, Michigan
Level Contributor
511 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula

Old Mission General Store makes sandwiches. Neat place with lots of character. Like stepping back in time.

South Lyon, Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula

We just ate at bad dog and would recommend. We planned to pick up sandwiches to go on the way to the beach, but ended up eating on their small patio instead. It was pretty quick and they had several to go orders come through during our lunch.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

As for the second part of my question, if we DO bring in food from town or one of the places on the peninsula, what wineries have a decent set-up that would allow for us to eat there?

Reply to: To-go lunch on Mission Peninsula
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City
Recent Conversations