We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Feedback

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
111 reviews
Itinerary Feedback

Does this sound like a reasonable itinerary, 14 nights in total? Flights in and out of Chicago from U.K.

Which would be best - last 2 weeks in May or last week in May and first week in June?

2 nights Chicago

2 nights Milwaukee

2 nights Ephraim

2 nights Marquette

2 nights Mackinac Island

2 nights Traverse City

2 nights Saugatuck

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
985 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary Feedback

what are the things and activities that interest you? How far do you like to drive in a day going from city to city? Knowing these things will help with providing suggestions

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary Feedback

It will be me and my husband and our 5 year old son. Preferably no whole day long car journeys but if we can break it up it should be fine. We like quaint towns, sightseeing, beach, shopping, easy/moderate hikes.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
985 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary Feedback

It's very doable but I personally would spend more time on Door County and Upper Michigan. What day of the week will you be doing the drive from Saugatuck to Chicago? Traffic can be heavy depending on when you do this drive

Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
4. Re: Itinerary Feedback

Either date range is good. If you do the last two weeks in May there's a possibility you may see some Cherry Blossoms. Two days in TC is very doable. Here are some ideas on what to do: https:/…index.html.

Reply to: Itinerary Feedback
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City
Recent Conversations