We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop at Leif Erikson Park

Woodridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
73 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Stop at Leif Erikson Park

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I are camping and hiking for about 5 days along SHT in the beginning of June. On the way back, I wanted to check out Duluth and was thinking to stop at Leif Erikson Park to see the rose garden and the viking ship. Is it worth it? Can anybody recommend any other interesting places in the downtown area? Any good place for a lunch break?

Thanks a lot!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop at Leif Erikson Park

the aeral lift bridge is a big favorite for tourists.. especially when a large boat passes underneath it.. there are some good places to eat right there also........ the bridge is in an area called canal park... you can search it on this site for some reviews...we also have a lake walk right there you can actually walk to leaf erickson... (a long jaunt tho).......... i love nashville.. great little restaurant called past perfect or past presence i believe?

Edited: 03 May 2011, 09:14
Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop at Leif Erikson Park

I noticed that the "Best place to stay for a small family" post was bumped up. There are some good Duluth suggestions there.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop at Leif Erikson Park

I realize the OP has probably come and gone...but just in case anyone else was wondering....YES, Leif Erikson Park is worth visiting. If you love flowers, this park can't be beat. There are no athletic fields. It is a strip of land along London Road with an unobstructed Lake view. There are hundreds of peony plants as you enter and thousands of rose bushes divided into several plots in this park. There are other flowers aside from peonies and roses, but the roses dominate. You'll see a huge water fountain which begs for picture taking and a rod iron (gazeebo?)

This is the perfect spot for an outdoor wedding in Duluth.

No dogs are allowed in the park. The restroom facility is modern.

There is a running trail below the bluff which gets used by lots people. There is a stairway at one end of the park which you can use to access the running trail (alongside a live train track).

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop at Leif Erikson Park

I drove by here for years, before finally stopping recently. If you're in the neighborhood, by all means stop by. I probalby wouldn't drive too far to get there though.

5. Re: Stop at Leif Erikson Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 19:17