We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

We will be in Duluth for the 4th of July and although we have been there 3 times before, I just heard about the Portland Malt Shoppe. Our plan is to bike on the lake walk but I don't know where we would need to "exit" in order to get to the PMS?

Thanks!

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

The Portland Malt Shoppe is right next to Fitgers on Superior St so you can find it easily while biking on the Lake Walk.

Duluth
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

You'll have to climb a flight of outdoor stairs to get from the Lakewalk to Portland Malt Shop, but it's well worth the climb. You could lock your bikes at the bottom, or carry them up.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

Thanks for the help. I figured there must be stairs to get up there but wasn't sure where along the lake walk they would be. Now I have a general idea.

atlanta
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

Delicious Honey Malted. Chocolate is their best seller, but I think the Honey was unusually good and allowed more of the malty flavor to shine. Two tables allow you to sit and look out at the lake while digging into the thick ice cream yumminess.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

I'm headedd to Duluth mid-July, mid-September and Mid-October. I've been there a lot, but never been to the malt Shoppe. That's got to change.

Special note to mlempx4:The Malt Shoppe is practically on top of interstate 35. The highway goes through a couple of tunnels in it's last miles, and one is under the Fitgers/Malt Shoppe area. By car, your exit would be Lake Avenue coming from the south, and 21st coming from the north

Edited: 01 July 2011, 14:20
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

....and I biked right by it on on Tuesday. Drat.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

Mission accomplished! Banana malt with dark chocolate ice cream, on one of those miserably hot days last week.

8. Re: Lake walk to Portland Malt Shoppe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2012, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Duluth
Recent Conversations