We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

MN
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

Any suggestions where we should eat for our 10yr annv,., Somewhere

not so expensive though.. Thank you so much!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

Upstairs at Grandma's has a tremendous view but it's very casual.

I love The Pickwick and if I remember correctly there is a pretty good lake view from some tables. Same with Fitgers, I seem to remember a good view of the lake from some tables.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

I ate at the Blackwoods Grill a couple of weeks ago, and was thrilled as usual. Be sure to ask for a table by the windows. Here's my review from a couple of years ago--it is still accurate.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

This time I had a full rack of ribs--roll me out to the car. But the walleye is always good as is the cedar planked salmon.

I think that the Tourist information place on top of the hill has coupons.

Edited: 01 August 2011, 21:29
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
242 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

The new JJ Astor on top of the Radisson has a great view, is one of the best restaurants in Duluth and isn't that expensive, www.jjastorrestaurant.com.

The restaurant revolves, so the view changes. When we were there in April during Restaurant Week, we got to watch a ship coming in, and since you're so high on the hill, you can start following the boats when they're pretty far away.

If you want to be right next to the lake, you also could eat at Midi in the Fitger's complex, which has nice window views and good food.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

I forgot there was restaurant on top of the Radisson, sounds good. Excellent call on Midi - make sure to try the Lavender crème brûlée if it's still on the menu. Great stuff!

Duluth, Minnesota
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

Just dined at JJ Astor's--food, presentation & view all outstanding. Might run a bit expensive, depending on how you order. But well worth it.

Va Bene next to the Fitger's complex is a small, casual Italian cafe with a romantic balcony (part covered & screeened, part open air) overlooking Lake Superior and the Lakewalk--you can hear the waves on the shore.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
392 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

I second Va Bene's screened porch or the few tables on their open deck, both overlooking an unrestricted view of Lake Superior. Good food as well.

7. Re: Need a nice resturant with pretty view for 10yr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Duluth
Recent Conversations