We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Days in Duluth starting tomorrow

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Two Days in Duluth starting tomorrow

So I was wondering if there are any suggestions on some "must see or do's" when visiting Duluth. It will be mid-week so I understand if activities will be limited. I like to eat good food and drink good wine and beer. I also enjoy architecture and maritime history. Does anyone know some restaurants that serve fresh Lake Superior seafood?

Mentioned in this post
Duluth
Duluth
Minnesota
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
1,139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Days in Duluth starting tomorrow

Northern Waters Smokehaus, nothing fancy, but it's outstanding. Was featured on Diner's Driveins and Dives on the Food Network. Do not miss!

Duluth, Minnesota
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Days in Duluth starting tomorrow

Take a drive up Old Scenic Hwy 61 and visit the Scenic Cafe for a great lunch or dinner and glass of wine! You could also take a little further drive up to Gooseberry Falls, it's really great. A fun place for a beer is either Fitger's Brewhouse or Burrito Union (both have Brewhouse beer). Burrito union has a unique vibe and great food - you could even take a little hike up Chester Creek, which is right acros the street. Enjoy your time here!

Mentioned in this post
Fitger's Inn
Fitger's Inn
379 Reviews
Duluth, MN
Duluth, Minnesota
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Days in Duluth starting tomorrow

P.S. I am also a HUGE fan of Northern Waters Smokehaus.

Mentioned in this post
Northern Waters Smokehaus
Northern Waters Smokehaus
632 Reviews
Duluth, MN
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Days in Duluth starting tomorrow

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually staying at the Fitger's Hotel, so I will be frequenting their brewhouse. We don't want to venture too far out of Duluth because of time but maybe a quick drive up to Two Harbors wouldn't be too bad.

Mentioned in this post
Fitger's Inn
Fitger's Inn
379 Reviews
Duluth, MN
Duluth
Duluth
Minnesota
5. Re: Two Days in Duluth starting tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 09:18