We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seek Advice From Current Rental Beach House Owners Please

Gulfport...
1 post
Seek Advice From Current Rental Beach House Owners Please

Hello!

My spouse and I rented a lovely beach house on Belle Fontaine in 2001 for a couple of months while searching for a home to purchase after a military move here. We totally fell in love with the area..and actually made an offer on the beach home we were staying in when we found out it was for sale..but the realtor named Chester immediately jacked up the price of the home by $75k when we inquired about it..and we could no longer afford it. We rented the beach home through Rental Resources..and then found another one we wanted..but the woman running Rental Resources told us not to buy it because of issues with the home. She then turned around and bought it herself and then flipped it for a $100k profit. Needless to say this really put a bad taste in our mouths..so we let the dream go of buying a beach home.

We are now seriously considering it again as retirement age gets closer..and would like to speak to current owners who have rental beach homes about advice on financing..renting the homes out..management of the homes by themselves or an agency..and if they are able to rent them out enough to actually make a profit or make the mortgage payments. All replies/conversations will be kept confidential..and we thank you kindly for any help you can provide us since we are new to this and a bit apprehensive about how well beach rentals do down here. Thank you very much!

2 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,500 posts
1,800 reviews
1. Re: Seek Advice From Current Rental Beach House Owners Please

I think that you will have better luck on relo, or real estate sites, as TA is focused on travel discussions.

Good luck, and Ocean Springs is a lovely area.

Hunt

Trumbull...
1 post
2. Re: Seek Advice From Current Rental Beach House Owners Please

Hi are you still interested in getting rental answers? I too have a home that can be easily, I believed rented at different times for different reasons. I need someone to tell me it's being used to its fullest potential

Reply to: Seek Advice From Current Rental Beach House Owners Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Springs
More Ocean Springs Topics