We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Going to the Peter Anderson Festival?

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
140 reviews
Anyone Going to the Peter Anderson Festival?

This will be our first time. Big crowds?

4 replies to this topic
Ocean Springs...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
1. Re: Anyone Going to the Peter Anderson Festival?

Yes, expect a large crowd. Parking can be tricky as well. Not a whole lot of room down on Government to park. Might be best to get there early. Be careful where you park as well. Look for signs. You will get towed. I know this because I am one of the companies that will tow you if called upon.

Lots of really great crafts and specialty items. Plenty of places to eat and drink. Check the weather a couple of days out. Weather this time of year can be very unpredictable. Expect to do a lot of walking. So much to check out. My family usually goes both days just to spread things out a bit. I am usually the “Bad Guy” no one wants to see as I will be working those days.

That having been said, if you do see me or one of my trucks. Please don’t impede our progress. We are just doing our job. Once we hook up, we can’t let you down. No matter how convincing your story is. Just follow the directions on the card. Usually, you will have your car back in an hour or so. Just be careful and watch for posted signs is all I am saying.

On the bright side. I think you will have a great time! It’s one of our bigger more notable events. Just like “Cruzin the Coast” it gets bigger every year.

You can bring your own drinks, snacks and the like if you so choose. I recommend a back pack cooler or something on wheels. As like I said before, it’s a lot of walking. I would also bring some cash( the amount is up to you) as some vendors are too small to take a card or PayPal. Most of the vendors are local. Therefore, you can take their business card and deal with or pick up merchandise direct with them.

Bottom line. If you love being outdoors, local merchandise and cuisine. Plus, some live music and really friendly people. Then by all means, go and enjoy!

Ocean Springs...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Anyone Going to the Peter Anderson Festival?

Park at either Oak Oark or the Ocean Springs Upper Elementary. There will be signs heading you for those lots. And they will bus you down to the entrance

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
140 reviews
3. Re: Anyone Going to the Peter Anderson Festival?

Thanks for the information. We've been to Ocean Springs a couple of times and I could see where parking might be a problem. We'll look at doing the Park and Ride. Sounds like it'll be a fun time.

Ocean Springs...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Anyone Going to the Peter Anderson Festival?

Also forgot usually there are a few lots on highway 90 that you can pay around 10 to park and then cross 90 and you are downtown.

Reply to: Anyone Going to the Peter Anderson Festival?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Springs
More Ocean Springs Topics