We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxford visit for Arkansas game

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Oxford visit for Arkansas game

Hi

My wife and were planning to visit Oxford as part of a road trip through Mississippi, and by coincidence our scheduled arrival coincides with the Arkansas game on the 9th November.

I've always wanted to check out College Football and, being from the UK, I won't have many other opportunities to do this again. It doesn't look like it'll be too much of a problem to get hold of some tickets, but my main concern is getting into and out of Oxford for the game, as I've heard that parking and traffic can be a nightmare.

We are coming from Memphis, and will be staying in Clarksdale that night. Does anyone have any tips on what we should do? Is there a good place to park out of town, and a shuttle which will get you in? We don't mind walking for 30min to an hour if there are any suburbs or back streets on which we can park.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxford visit for Arkansas game

Here's some info on the parking shuttles:

oxfordms.net/visitors/gameday-shuttle-servic…

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxford visit for Arkansas game

The kickoff time was announced today. It will be at 11:21 a.m. The game will probably be over around 3:00. It will start getting dark a little after 5:00, so you will have a couple of hours after the game to enjoy campus.

I live in a town that has an NFL team. While I usually attend a pro game each year, I strongly prefer the excitement of a college (or even a high school) game to the NFL. You just can't beat the bands playing, being on campus, the rivalries,.... I had rather drive to Oxford or go over to see Vanderbilt any day over an NFL game. Others have different opinions, but a college football Saturday in the South is so much fun. I always like to be in my seat an hour or so before kickoff and watch the teams warm up and see the stadium fill up with fans. Make sure you are wearing navy blue! I know the fans will treat you well.

I hope your trip is great and enjoy your first taste of college football.

Reply to: Oxford visit for Arkansas game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oxford
Recent Conversations