We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleep Inn Blue Springs & Rick Mahoney

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
Sleep Inn Blue Springs & Rick Mahoney
Save

Two years after the night I stayed at the Sleep Inn while Rick was on duty as the "manager" I have received numerous calls on my cell phone from him, telling him what the other genius suggested... that he was going to sue me for slander. First, Rick, to be held liable for slander the comments have to be false. But I have to say that I get a lot of enjoyment out of getting these silly calls, because it reminds me how ignorant Rick (and his assistant that has joined this forum) really is.

I have not been back to Blue Springs since that trip and to this day I refuse to stay at any hotel affiliated with Clarion, Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn, or Quality Inn. The customer service line for the chain offered to give me a 10% discount on my next stay!!! I actually talked with the PARENTS of the woman that owns the hotel and there seems to be some issues there... they were very pleasant but seemed as if they were hiding something. Rick Mahoney was obviously hired without doing any sort of background check or references checked... Let me reiterate once again - because I know EXACTLY what the other woman in this forum is talking about - how humiliated and embarrassed I was in front of my son that morning I stayed at the Sleep Inn.

I never miss an opportunity to tell that story to people at hotels that provide great service and take pride in their work. I tell them what hotel, the name of the manager, and the details of the event that night... and I then explain that, after all that, I paid double!!! Thanks, Rick.

My son STILL, to this day, at 8 years old, asks why that man and the woman at the hotel yelled at us and made us leave the hotel in the middle of the night... I just explain to him each time that some people just don't know how to treat other people.

Doylestown, PA
2 posts
1. Re: Sleep Inn Blue Springs & Rick Mahoney
Save

We stayed at that hotel one time and that was enough. (I believe that hotel is now a Country Hearth)....Rick was the manager then....he is engaged to the owners daughter so he is probably still there and will be until that property goes bankrupt. We will not go back there either.

We now stay at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, formerly Days Inn. Great Place to stay...owners should be very proud of that hotel they have a great staff.

Give them a try.

Roach, Missouri
1 post
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Sleep Inn Blue Springs & Rick Mahoney
Save

On December 19,2006 my friend Samantha invited me to go with her and her husband and brother up to KC to spend time with her while the guys were doing a job with their company in the city. Well we stayed at Sleep Inn in Blue Springs and Rick was the manager. Well we got to the hotel (after getting lost and going to wrong Sleep Inn)at 1am. It was cold and very wet with snow on the ground. We get our keys go around and get to our room. So there are two beds and four of us. Sam and her husband and me and her brother who is/was married at the time with a baby on the way. We got one of the smallest rooms in the building to the point we couldnt even fit a rollaway bed in the room anywhere!!! So John was kind enough to let me have the bed and he slept on the floor.

We are all exhausted so we get all our stuff in the room and get changed taking turns in the very small bathroom. Then we fall into bed after deliberating who slept where. We go to sleep for about an hour and a half when the phone ( Sam and I didnt know it at the time) started to ring. At first we thought it was the alarm and thought it was time for the guys to get up then I finally realized it was the phone. But by the time I realize it and say its the phone and Sam damns the phone to hell I pick it up only to get a dial tone. I set the phone back on the hook and about to roll over when it rings again. I pick it up and say a sleepy hello. The woman on the other end was the night desk lady (she was the only nice one). She asked if a guy named Aaron was with us in our room and I (not even knowing who he was)repeated the name to Sam. I knew for a fact that no one by that name was in the room with us. I said no and told the woman I didn't even know who he was.

She asked what room were in and I told her. She then said she must have gotten the wrong number. I hung up then and went back to sleep after being filled in on who Aaron was. We go back to sleep but of course we were in for more disturbances. An hour later there comes a loud pounding on our door. Sam and I wake up and she wakes her husband and makes him go to the door. He opens the door to the police and the desk lady. They demand to know if Aaron is with us. Seth calmly responds that no indeed he is not here. Then he asks what is going on with Aaron. The police then tell him that his ex wife was trying to get him put in jail on a water ticket he had not paid a couple years ago. The police deemed the whole thing stupid and unnecessary apologized and left.

We all went back to bed. The time came for the guys to get up two hours later to leave for work. Sam and I slept until eleven that morning when we were again interrupted by knocking on the door and housekeeping calling very loudly. Sam wanted me to get the door and I just hollered from the bed "Go Away!! but it did not work so I went to the door and told her that we were staying til that thursday. We asked for toilet paper but of course she never brought any. We got up and decided to go swimming. We swam for a long while then got hungry and decided to go back to the room. As we were leaving the pool area we heard a woman screaming at the top of her lungs at someone. We crept up from the pool area and peeked around the corner and saw the other manager woman screeching at Rick at the desk. She did that for about a half hour. So of course that was soooo not professional at all!! Well we hurried to our room and got dressed and went back down as quickly as we could to see if there was any more action going on downstairs. There wasnt of course but we stayed downstairs just in case.

Once the lady left Rick got up and saw me and Sam on the couch. He came over and asked what room we were in. When we told him he commented and said," Isn't that the electrician's room?" We responded yes. Then he got smart and said," I thought he brought more workers with him." We in turn said yes he brought his brother in law with him. He was weird then he started talking about his fiancee and their little girl. Sam and I got on the computer down there and she was looking on ebay at a couple of things. She won both of the items she wanted. The last day we were there the guys still had to work and us girls had to check out of the hotel at eleven. But we had to stay downstairs for the bulk of the day since we had no vehicle to go anywhere. We were on the computer again to pass the time by when Rick sauntered over and very rudely told us that the computer was for hotel guests only and that since we had checked out just because we were still there we technically were not guests any more. Sam got mad and said all you want to do is play your little poker game on here which is what he did most of the time we were there and not on the computer. So he was like no I'm not. So we quit being on the computer and the rest of the afternoon we had a notebook and wrote conversations to eachother and made fun of Rick by drawing pictures of him and such. When the guys got back we told them we never wanted to stay in that hotel ever again and let them know what had happened.

3. Re: Sleep Inn Blue Springs & Rick Mahoney

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 02:22
Get answers to your questions about Blue Springs
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.