We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do now that Ernie Biggs has closed?

Chico, California
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
33 reviews
What to do now that Ernie Biggs has closed?

Mom (85) and I (61) are beyond crushed that Ernie's is gone! We've been to Branson 6 times, seen LOTS of the shows, and Ernie's has always been the highlight of our trip. We loved the live music and the "sing along" nature of the place. Is there anything remotely like it in town now?

4 replies to this topic
Linn, Missouri
Level Contributor
821 posts
531 reviews
1. Re: What to do now that Ernie Biggs has closed?

We loved Ernie Biggs as well. There is a location in Springfield but I'm going to guess you may not have a car with your or want to make that drive at night.

Crazy Craig's Cheeky Monkey bar can be fun if you are into dive bars but otherwise we really haven't found anything else to compare yet.

Chico, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: What to do now that Ernie Biggs has closed?

Thanks so much for your reply and suggestion. We’ve not been to dive bars but I know Monkey gets good reviews so may give that a try! Why not?

We are headed to Branson tomorrow with a mission to find anything comparable to Ernie’s (and you are right, we don’t want to drive all the way to Springfield). Will report back

1 post
3. Re: What to do now that Ernie Biggs has closed?

Loved Ernie Biggs Branson! Ted and the gang was great! Wish a similar bar/club would open in the same space.

Chico, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: What to do now that Ernie Biggs has closed?

Thx for the post which bumped this up!

Our planned visit didn’t happen due to health reasons with my Mom. Planning to try again in October. Hope springs eternal for another Ernie’s!

Reply to: What to do now that Ernie Biggs has closed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Branson