We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mom taking two small kids!

Monroe, Louisiana
12 posts
Mom taking two small kids!

I’m a mom taking my two children (8 year old boy and 2 year old girl) to Branson for probably two whole days. I’m looking at staying at grand country inn and packaging it with the Dixie stampede. We plan to go to the titanic museum as my 8 year old is fascinated with the titanic! We also want to ride the duck and go to Ripley’s. Can y’all give us tips and recommendations on what else to do? I’ve never been to Branson. Is it safe for us since it’s just a mom and two kids? Is grand country inn safe? What else do y’all recommend us doing? I wasn’t planning on going to silver dollar City or white water because Of the age difference in my kids. One Would be able to ride a ride and the other couldn’t and I can’t be on the ride with one and waiting with the other. So I think that place is probably a no this trip? Any tips and tricks and recommendations would be super helpful!!

17 replies to this topic
Monroe, Louisiana
12 posts
1. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

I accidentally made two threads and I don’t know how to delete one. I just wanted to add that we’re from the country and nature hiking and seeing taxidermy isn’t going to interest us!! Thanks!

Salina, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Actually, White Water is not all slides. Slides are on the thrill side of the park. The family side is family attractions you can all do together like Coconut Cove, Wave Pool, Splashaway Cay, and Aloha River. But other than WW, you can still do many things. I dont know if you are looking for free activities or paid ones, so Ill just consider both. I recommend the following: Branson Landing to walk around, shop, and see the free Water & Fire show every hour, on the hour MON-SAT Noon to 10PM, SUN Noon to 9PM. Branson Ferris Wheel to ride and see the free light show at night, nightly on the hour at 8PM, 9 PM, and 10PM. Bigfoot to play in the arcade, do the maze, and see the free light show every hour on the half hour at 8:30, 9:30, and 10:30.

Worlds Largest Toy Museum is great for kids and aults, but it costs.

Bransons Wild World or the Branson Promise Land Zoo are both great zoos to see animals. Hollywood Wax Museum and Hannahs Maze of Mirrors would be great for you. The fish hatchery would be good free thing for you all to learn about what they do, why, how, and see fish in the aquarium. Dewey Short Visitor Center is a great, free place to explore and learn about Branson History. Track 4 and Track 3 have kids rides, but Track 3 has the most for kids. Branson Centenial Museum is free and a great history lesson about Branson. You can ride Sparky, the free downtown trolley to all 13 stops, which usually takes 50 minutes to 1 hour for a round trip. You can go to the new park in downtown, Liberty Park, which just opened last year. There are 2 or 3 dog parks in the area. You can take them to all the city, state parks, or trail parks for free, like Stockstill park or Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area. Some of the parks have playgrounds and its a great way to explore the forests or a playground. Im not sure if you would think its a good idea, but Ill say it anyway. You can go to Fritzs Adventure Park, which is a bit pricey. They have stuff for all ages, but not very much for toddlers or babies.

Monroe, Louisiana
12 posts
3. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Thank you! And yes, paid or fee activities. We have day one planned out I believe. Just looking for activities for day two. Love the idea of the light shows at night... is it safe for a mom and two kids? I’ve never been to Branson so I wasn’t sure about nighttime. I had it in my head that we should be back to the room by dark! Lol

Monroe, Louisiana
12 posts
4. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Are there shuddles to take you from hotel to attractions and back? Or will we have to drive?

Salina, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Safe from what? Theyre just light shows, lol. The Water & Fire show does have light too, but you can only see the lights at night. It is still a great show to see in the daytime too.

Salina, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Theres only 1 or 2 hotels Ive ever heard of that have shuttles to take you to SDC, but nowhere else that I know of. Sparky goes to many different places in downtown for free, from 10AM to 6PM. Branson Landing has their own free trolley that goes up and down their street from 10 AM to 7PM and a road train, which has a fee to ride.

Monroe, Louisiana
12 posts
7. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Just a safe place in general. Since I’m going alone with two kids. Not the show itself, but the surrounding areas.

Salina, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Like crime and stuff? When it comes to that, Branson is the safest place I know of. It may have a small population, but it has all the great places that bigger towns have, without the crime. Tulsa, for example is not horrible, but it is a big enough town that we have shootings and robberies here almost everyday and everybody knows to stay out of North Tulsa or you will possibly be shot. I dont recall ever hearing about anything like that in Branson. Its a safe town and if something like that does ever happen, someone will see it and immediately call the police.

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
195 reviews
9. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Speaking as another parent who has been taking his two daughters (currently 11 & 4 y/o) to Branson for the better part of the last decade, I cannot say that I've ever felt that any part of those visits ever felt unsafe. Branson really is a warm and inviting town that is geared toward the whole family. As Music Man already said, some places have their good areas and bad areas, but Branson has really done a lot to keep the place safe and comfortable to all visitors.

Having said that, I completely understand your concern about flying solo with two kids, especially with having a bit of an age gap between them. Done enough of my own daddy/daughter excursions without my better half to help survive those parenting trials and tribulations. However, I never had any worries or issues beyond the standard having to keep an eye on kids so they don't wander into traffic or jump into the river kind of things...

Monroe, Louisiana
12 posts
10. Re: Mom taking two small kids!

Okay thank y’all! I feel better about it now!

Reply to: Mom taking two small kids!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Branson