We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Branson

North Prairie...
2 posts
Traveling to Branson

Suggestions wanted for a good halfway point to stop for the night driving from Beloit WI to Branson in Septermber.

1 reply
Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
194 reviews
1. Re: Traveling to Branson

Tend to visit Branson about once a year. Since we are coming from the NW suburbs of Chicago, we actually drive much of the same route once I-55 and I-39 meet up (around Bloomington). If you're looking for a halfway point to stop for the night, I would suggest Litchfield as a potential stop.

Litchfield would be approximately halfway Beloit and Branson to break-up the drive. Since it's not as big as some of the other nearby cities (such as Springfield and St. Louis), you can get a hotel room for reasonable price. We've stayed at the Baymont a few times and had very good experiences with them. Plenty of decent dining options as well. Plus, in September, the Skyview Drive-In theater is still open, which can be a fun experience. Not many drive-in theaters still in operation, so a fun rarity to enjoy.

Otherwise, if you want a bigger town/city feel for your overnight stop, both Springfield and St. Louis are great as well.

Reply to: Traveling to Branson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Branson