We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson in December

Jefferson City...
2 posts
2 reviews
Branson in December

I have been going to Branson multiple times per year for my whole life. We love it. But I’m just curious of other type of fun things to do. My family with 3 kids (9, 6, 2) will be headed there on December 7-9 with my parents (72, 69). We usually do SDC and either Dolly or The Showboat. I just tried to get Polar Express tickets but thinking I’m way too late for that. Any suggestions?

6 replies to this topic
Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Branson in December

Most years there are 2 - 4 drive through light displays. Most theaters will still have Christmas shows while you are there. The Landing has a large lighted tree and Santa plus the fountain show changes to Christmas music.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Branson in December

Shepard of Hills drive through & Santa at Bass Pro. We are going to the Winter Wonderland show at the Kings Case Theatre. It looks really good.

Lincoln, Nebraska
1 post
3. Re: Branson in December

We are also planning to go the week between Christmas and New Years would like to go to SDC. Just not sure if it would be warm enough to do that and how are the crowds during that week, we were thinking we would go Thursday and Friday.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Branson in December

I have been several times in December when it’s cold. Last year it practically sleeting on us. Take warm clothes, later and bundle up. You will forget how cold it is when you see all the lights and parade. It’s beautiful & there are lots of shops & shows that you can go into to warm up. Hot Chocolate is a must!

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Branson in December

We are thinking about going for New Years thru 1st week of Jan . Will the shows be going or do they break after Christmas. How about SDC? Thanks

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Branson in December

For after Christmas - weather permitting - SDC is open December 26 - January 1 and then it is closed until mid spring.

https:/…Calendar

After the second weekend in December, there are fewer and fewer shows until the spring.

Reply to: Branson in December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Branson