We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel advice!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel advice!

My husband and I are taking our 2 children (ages 3 and 6) to Branson around Christmas. We will be staying Friday - Sunday and are planning to visit Silver Dollar City and the Dixie Stampede while we are there. My mother in-law is also coming along and would prefer to have her own room. We are looking for something nice and clean but still affordable since we will be spending alot on our activies. We were thinking about Grand Country for the water park but after reading some of the reviews it sounds like it has went down hill since the last time I stayed there. We have also looked at the Castle Rock but I don't know that we will use the waterpark enough to make it worth the extra money. Does anyone have a suggestion for us?

Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 133 hotels in Branson
Branson's Best
Branson's Best
#4 of 133 hotels in Branson
Savannah House Hotel
Savannah House Hotel
#7 of 133 hotels in Branson
Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel advice!

I would suggest a condo,

It would give you room, as well as a washer and dryer.

With kids, it helps,,,

There are several beautiful condo complexes,

You could look at www.vrbo.com

as well look at hunters friend condo's,

Real super nice guy that owns the resort.

www.huntersfriendresort.com

There are also a few hotels that have family rooms,

www.twelveoaksbranson.com/rates.htm#rates

http://www.bransonsettleinn.com/settleinn/theme++specialty+suites/family.asp

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel advice!

The Welk resort also has a waterpark.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel advice!

Thanks! We were fixing to book the Welk resort when my MIL remembered that her friend owns one of the cabins at Westgate Branson Woods. We can take advantage of the friends and family discount and get a 2/bed 2/bath cabin for $111/night!

4. Re: Looking for hotel advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 00:18