We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trail's end resort & rv Park

st.charles,mo.
Level Contributor
57 posts
trail's end resort & rv Park

Has anyone any info on this place.We are renting a rv here.Have read reviews.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: trail's end resort & rv Park

I actually joined some of my wife's family for one night over the weekend. It was actually better than I expected after reading the reviews from this site:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g44160-d226667-…

The lake front units are ver close to the lake/boat dock. The units were pretty clean. The people that run it are VERY nice. It is very close to SDC. It is dated, but it is an older resort. I would stay here again and I am use to going to Still Waters and Horizons, especially if you are looking to save money. Also, there were three deer that would come close to the resort each evening. Pretty neat.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
2. Re: trail's end resort & rv Park

Last March we rented a rv for a couple of days. It was not good. The door was duct taped, there were holes in the couch, the floor was soft, the place smelled musty and we found some dead spiders in it. Being campers, bugs and old things normally do not bother us. This place was bad.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
3. Re: trail's end resort & rv Park

Arkanas Family man, did you stay in the RVs or in the cabins? There was a remarkable difference in apparance between the two. The cabins from the outside appeared nice and the area around them well maintained. The rvs on the other hand, didn't look so good. The deck was covered in leaves and tree limbs we had to clear off. (leaves I understand, limbs I do not) I was sure the picnic table would hold our weight. We had car problems on the way down so we stayed put, figuring we would be spending most of our time at SDC. A medical emergency back home cut our trip short. I wrote to the resort to inform them of the condition of the RV. I never received a response.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
4. Re: trail's end resort & rv Park

Sorry that was a year ago last March. Last March we stayed at Stillwaters and loved it.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: trail's end resort & rv Park

We stayed in the cabins. I only saw one RV there, and actually didn't realize that it could be rented also. I am not sure how much the RV is, but doubt we would ever stay in that since the cabins are very reasonable.

Like I said, for the money it was not bad. Obviously there are newer places to stay, like Stillwater, but much higher in price.

The part I loved about this resort is the nature. Maybe all resorts on Indian Point are like this, but these three deer (buck, dough, and fawn) would come graze each morning and evening. My little girl would run them off by wanting to pet them, but they would come back eventually. Plus a lot of birds. I am usually not a big nature lover (I go for pool/SDC/lake), but I just seemed so relaxed there.

I was very much a skeptic going there (I would rather stay at Stillwater or Horizons), but was pleasntly(?) surprised.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
6. Re: trail's end resort & rv Park

On Indian Point road, we've stayed at Stillwaters, Golden Arrow, Cottage Resorts, Treehouse Condos, Trail's End, Deer Run and Indian Point Campground over the years. The only place without seeing deer was Treehouse. Like you said all were surrounded by wood. Some have longer hikes to the lake. For value, I like Golden Arrow. For "nice" Treehouse and Stillwaters are in a dead heat but Stillwaters offers more lake things to do and has a really nice swimming set up. The campground is definitely my favorite. When we were at Trails End, there were two or three RVs for rent. They basically looked like tiny mobile homes on the left as you enter the camping/cabin area. The swimming pool was really nice and heated which was great considering it was March. I can honestly say it ranks as one of worst places I've stayed in.

7. Re: trail's end resort & rv Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Branson