We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festiva-Cabin on the Greens

Indianapolis, IN
2 posts
Festiva-Cabin on the Greens

I, too succumbed to the lies and promises in 2004. I bought an every other year cabin. Was told and actually have it in writing that it was a 3 bedroom cabin, with a hot tub, lots of additional perks, my weeks would go into April for Spring Break, my "festiva weeks" or whatever they're called went from 2 to 52 weeks a year - remember I have all of this in writing -- so I go to book the first time in 2006 and found out I only had a 2 bedroom, NONE of the additional perks I got (which were added to get me to buy - & worked unfortunately), my time only went in to the 2nd week of March - entertainment didn't even start by then, and none of the additional "festiva weeks" were anywhere to be seen. When I told them I had everything in writing, I was told "look at your contract, you have a B Cabin which is only 2 bedrooms and we're sorry the salesperson made promises the company is not responsible for". When I asked how was I supposed to know "B" meant only a 2 bedroom cabin, all they had to say was "you signed the contract". That was their answer for everything "you signed the contract". Now I've been paying monthly for 6 years, haven't stayed there once or used any of the so called additional perks they promised, and the maintenance fee is up to $550.00 per year. So just how much money does it take to maintain one 2 bedroom cabin in a year ... $550.00 x 52 weeks = $28,600 !!!!!! now, do they really do that much maintenance on just 1 little ole cabin?!?!?!? I highly doubt it. I received a letter saying if I didn't pay the maintenance fee by April they would send it to a collection agency -- well send it on ! I'm glad I found this site, the AG of MO will be getting a detailed letter from me with copies of all the promises and lies they put in writing to me during their strong arm sales pitch. I could have burned that $10,000 + dollars and gotten more pleasure out of it.

kech56

United States
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Festiva-Cabin on the Greens

Wow!! I have only spent a little time reviewing Branson and I have come across a lot of posts about this property. I feel so bad for all of the people who have been scammed!!

I was thinking about staying here but not anymore. It seems like the salesman was a little aggressive! But he was hired by the company to represent them. I think you would have a good lawsuit if you decided to pursue it.

Gina

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
2. Re: Festiva-Cabin on the Greens

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with your initial Festiva purchase. We have made many marked improvements to our product and our sales training and presentation process since 2004.

We want all of our owners to be able to get the most out of what they purchased; most importantly, to take memorable vacations year after year.

If you ever need any assistance with your ownership, please contact our Owner Services department at 866-933-7848 or ownerservices@festiva.travel.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Festiva-Cabin on the Greens

Since property values have plummeted the last couple of years, I'm sure you could pick up one of these on ebay for next to nothing. There are some reputable dealers out there. Timeshares are not such a bad deal if you're retired.

We were close to signing the line for over $12K and I'm so glad we didn't after realizing how cheaply we could buy a pre-owned one..

4. Re: Festiva-Cabin on the Greens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 00:16