We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM in Troncones?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
ATM in Troncones?

Last time I went to troncones (2010) they didn't have an ATM and I didn't have a peso and very limited dollars. Is there an ATM now?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM in Troncones?

Bring pesos...

usa
Level Contributor
69 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM in Troncones?

To be clear - NO ATMs in Troncones in Jan 2016

A few more words for others that may be interested in this topic:

Generally credit cards are not accepted in Troncones except in some restaurants in hotels (check first).

As the other responder said, you need to bring pesos to Troncones.

ATMs are at the Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa airport, several at the Comercial Mexicana (supermarket near the route to Troncones from the airport, and open on Sundays), as well at banks. Also in Mexico City airport, Terminal 2 (probably elsewhere, just the one i saw).

Make sure that you have contacted all credit/debit cards that you intend to use before you leave and let them know that you will be in Mexico. One of our party didn't and the card was blocked from use.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM in Troncones?

Thank you. I will plan to get pesos at the ATM at airport.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM in Troncones?

Went to Troconas in August 2016 and drove to Zihauntenejo and was held at gunpoint after a traffic stop in fron of the market where the atm is. Carload of guys came at us with guns and my friend sped off. We got stuck in traffic and they caught up to us and we're hitting our windows with machine guns. These were not police. Broad daylight around noon. Again my friend squeezed the car outta there and proceeded to drive like a bat outta hell blowing red lights and all kinds of stuff. She flipping lost those bastards. We drove back to Troconas and left the next day

5. Re: ATM in Troncones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2017, 06:46
Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
22 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM in Troncones?

Just got back from Troncones, and yes, when you get into Troncones, at Marias Mini Market, on the right is a ATM machine. We did not use it, bot pesos before we left for MX.

At the airport there is a currency exchange, that has very good rates, will use that place on our next visit.

7. Re: ATM in Troncones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2018, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Troncones