We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Field trip to the Capitol building

Bolivar, Missouri
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Field trip to the Capitol building

I am trying to plan a field trip for our homeschool group in October. We would be coming from the Springfield, Missouri area. The group ranges in age from Kindergarten to 3rd grade. What is the best way to plan this trip? Where should we eat lunch? I know a stop of Central Dairy is on the list. : ) Is there anything else we should try to squeeze in for our day trip?

Mentioned in this post
1 reply
Linn, Missouri
Level Contributor
768 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Field trip to the Capitol building

Close to the capitol is the Governor's building and gardens. You can always roam the gardens and surronding areas - a few old buildings and such. Not sure if the mansion is always open for tours or not. There is a yogurt place right down from the capitol, called Yo' Yums that my kids love. There are several restaurants in the downtown area, including a pizza place right across from the Capitol called Arris's.

Our Runge Center is a nice place to visit with kids, but I would guess you all have something similiar in Springfield area as well.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Field trip to the Capitol building
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jefferson City