We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oklahoma Joe's Olathe

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
676 posts
64 reviews
Oklahoma Joe's Olathe

We will be staying in Overland park for one night next saturday. Have read some reviews on BBQ places. This one seems to be good. Any other advice you can give me on this place? Thanks

Kansas City
Level Contributor
427 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Oklahoma Joe's Olathe

My advice would be to simply not miss it! Eat at the original location in Kansas City, KS. Avoid the crowds by eating early or late and if your just getting a sandwich you can't go wrong with a Z-Man.

http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
262 reviews
2. Re: Oklahoma Joe's Olathe

I hope I am not too late. I missed your post since it is in the Missouri forum.

Oklahma Joe's does a good job. It is not fancy and you order and pick up the food at the counter. The Olathe location is several times larger than the original and it is easy to find a comfortable place to sit.

Advice? Consider the Z-man sandwich - brisket, smoked provolone topped with two onion rings on a kaiser bun I think it is one of the best sandwiches in the metro.

Also, unless you request your fries unseasoned, they will come very spicy and salt covered. I use more salt and spices than most, but at OJ's it is too much for me.

Edited: 05 April 2010, 14:35
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
676 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Oklahoma Joe's Olathe

We actually ate there this past Saturday. It was very good. I was glad it had plenty of room to sit. We had the Cowboy Platter. Ribs were great. Thanks

4. Re: Oklahoma Joe's Olathe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 00:17