We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi at night from Delmar Loop to . . .

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,700 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi at night from Delmar Loop to . . .

May go to a show in a couple of weeks at the Pageant in Delmar Loop and haven't figured out exactly where we'll be be staying. May wait until the last minute and try to snag a deal at a downtown hotel and/or something nearby on Hotwire or Priceline. (I am aware of the Moonrise and we are considering it.)

My question is that if we end up deciding to take a cab back after the show are we likely to see some cruising the area after the show and be able to snag one or should we expect to have to call one (and wait).

If it makes any difference it is a weeknight show, not a Friday or Saturday.

Thanks in advance,

hlo

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
447 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi at night from Delmar Loop to . . .

I don't have an answer regarding the cab but thought I'd help with a hotel. If you do decide with a downtown location, I've seen winning bids for the Hyatt around $40-$45 FYI.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
996 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi at night from Delmar Loop to . . .

It's possible, but I don't see alot of cabs just driving around. We're not Chicago.

Option 1 - Ask at the Halo Bar, which is part of the Pageant, but open before and after the show.

Option 2 - Walk over to the Moonrise Hotel and ask them to call you a cab. Both the hotel and the Pageant are owned by the same person / group, so I expect they would be happy to oblige. They also have a nice bar downstairs plus a rooftop bar that is open during warm weather.

FYI - If you're coming to a show with General Admission tickets, you can enter the Halo Bar early and get in line for early entry, so you'll have a shot at getting better seats. How crowded it gets and how early you should arrive depend on how popular the show that night.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,700 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi at night from Delmar Loop to . . .

Thanks for the responses, particularly the extra tidbit re: early lining up/entry via the Halo bar.

That's exactly the sort of information beyond answering the question that I find valuable in the TA forums.

hlo

STL
Level Contributor
422 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi at night from Delmar Loop to . . .

You could likely get one of the bartenders at the Halo to call a cab for you, but I would just plug a number into your phone. Below is the link to County Cab who I typically use. You can either call them or even text them to get a cab. The link below goes right to the page with this info.

You will love the Pageant, it is a great venue to see a show.

http://www.countycab.com/OrderACab.asp

5. Re: Taxi at night from Delmar Loop to . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis