We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

Chichester, United...
4 posts
Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

We are planning a visit to Montana June 2015. We want to pick up the Amtrak Train service at Shelby to take us to Seattle on Friday 12 June. Our hire car has to be dropped off in Great Falls as there is no option to do this in Shelby. Can anyone suggest how to get from Gt Falls to Shelby by public transport or otherwise. The only bus service we can find is on the Toole County website but it doesn't run on a Friday.

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
194 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

Hello Sylvia,

I need some more info before I can attempt to help you.

What day do you arrive in Great Falls? How many are you?

Shelby is a short 86 miles from here, but it might as well be 860 without any transportation. But it's not impossible.

Darks

Chichester, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

Hi D

We will be arriving in Great Falls on Friday 12 June to drop off the hire car and want to get to Shelby on the same day to pick up the Amtrak Service in Shelby late afternoon. There are 2 adults travelling.

S

Chichester, United...
4 posts
3. Re: Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

Hi D

We will be arriving in Great Falls on Friday 12 June to drop off the hire car and want to get to Shelby on the same day to pick up the Amtrak Service in Shelby late afternoon. There are 2 adults travelling.

S

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
194 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

Sylvia,

No problem. I will drive you up to Shelby without charge.

Past this point, we should visit via email. Mine is: info@thomasbeam.com

You might want a reference or two (I know I would, just to insure a transfer in a foreign country goes as planned), so I will give you one of your countrymen we have visited on almost an annual basis after meeting her on a canal cruise in Wales in '03. She lives in Yardley Gobion (near Milton Keynes) in Northamptonshire.

The other is a nice family from Germany we helped out in 2012 when they couldn't get their U.S. rental car into Canada where they wanted to drop off their youngest daughter taking part in an exchange program with a school in Calgary.

So drop me an email and we'll get started.

BTW, Darks Farkswald is my nom de plume for Trip Advisor's various forums. Real name is Thomas Beam, which explains my email: info@thomasbeam.com

So feel free to continue planning the rest of your trip. You've got this particular transfer handled.

Thomas

Chichester, United...
4 posts
5. Re: Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

Thank you Thomas...I will drop you an email!!

Many Thanks

3 posts
6. Re: Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

i stand whit the same problem. Me and a freind have to get from great falls, to shelby, on friday the. 8 of July.

Or for being more specific, we have to get to East Glacier Park, but we thought we would get the AMTRAK in shelby. But can't find uot how to get to any of them.

can you help us whith a solution??

7. Re: Transport from Great Falls to Shelby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2017, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Great Falls