We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals

Staples, Minnesota
4 posts
1 review
Car rentals

What car rental business is best in Shelby, Mt near Amtrak station?

7 replies to this topic
Sweetgrass, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
265 reviews
1. Re: Car rentals

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any car rental businesses in Shelby. However, the Toole Country Transit runs a shuttle to various different places, depending on the day of the week. They have runs to Kalispell, Great Falls, and to the US/Canadian border. http://toolecountymt.gov/bus_service.html

Staples, Minnesota
4 posts
1 review
2. Re: Car rentals

we are coming from minnesota and wanted to take amtrak then rent a a car to go to Banff.

Sweetgrass, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
265 reviews
3. Re: Car rentals

You may want to talk to one of the hotels in Shelby (like the Comfort Inn) and see if they have any suggestions. I would imagine they pick up people at the train station who would need other transportation while they are in Shelby. If you can't make arrangements in Shelby, Cut Bank has a car rental place called Rent-A-Wreck but I doubt they have much of a selection. If you're coming in the spring, summer, or fall, I believe that you could take the train to East Glacier- I'm almost positive they have a car rental place there with a decent selection- and then head to Banff from there. I liv3e in Shelby, and I'm visiting Banff right now and it's beautiful!

Staples, Minnesota
4 posts
1 review
4. Re: Car rentals

Thanks for your reply. Comfort inn suggested great falls car rentals .

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Car rentals

Did the Comfort Inn say how you would get to Great Falls to get the rental car? Amtrak doesn't go to Great Falls.

Staples, Minnesota
4 posts
1 review
6. Re: Car rentals

No ,just call and frankly it was a deal closer for us as we see no way to get to Great Falls. Or Banff. From Shelby....

Edited: 02 January 2018, 17:58
Sweetgrass, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
265 reviews
7. Re: Car rentals

It's probably too late, and I'm not sure this is exactly what you are looking for, but I did find this:

http://www.airportshuttleexpress.com/

Reply to: Car rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shelby