We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

I have 5 comp nights at Harrahs, Ballys, Flamingo, and Rio. All are basic rooms. South Tower at Ballys. I would really appreciate input as to which would be best. I have stayed at all three but it was more than 10 years ago for each. Of course making the decision harder is the deal I got at Wynn for 109 per night.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

The Best basic rooms are at the Rio.

Ballys IMO would be the next best with the second biggest rooms.

Harrahs would be third on my list.

The worst are at the Flamingo.

On the other hand for $109 a night Its a no brainer if you can afford it.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

Bally's South Tower rooms are dated, but spacious. And chances are you will get a spectacular view of the Strip. It's been years since I stayed in Harrahs, I remember the room being on the cramped side. Flamingo rooms have heavy mileage on them, but still comfortable. If Rio were on the list, those are by far the nicest basic rooms, but you are not on the Strip. If it were me, I would be choosing Ballys.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

I've stayed at Harrahs and the Flamingo and Harrahs basic rooms are far better than the Flamingo. I would put Flamingo last on your list.

NJ
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

I've never stayed at Flamingo, but I have stayed in Bally's and Harrah's both in the past 3 months. I wouldn't stay in Bally's South Tower ever again. The hallway carpet was filty with all stains up and down the hall. Room service trays were left in the hall for 3 days! I would, however, stay there in a North Tower room. The rooms are Bally's are much larger than Harrah's, but Harrah's basic room is a lot newer and cleaner than Bally's South Tower.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

The Flamingo basic room was horrible when I stayed there. We upgraded to the Go room, which was way better.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

We've stayed at all 3 and based on our stays would rank them;

Bally's (2 floor suite)

Harrah's (luxury room)

Flamingo (Go Suite)

BUT I agree that for $109 at Wynn why are you even asking about the HET properties? (just curious)

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

I would rank them: Rio, Bally's, Harrah's, Flamingo. I booked Bally's South Tower in January fully aware that I would possibly get a worn down room but figured that I would at least get a good view. But I was put into a North Tower room at checkin without having to ask. I don't know how easy it is to get bumped up for free but it's a gamble I would make again.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

Harrah's all the way. The rooms are nice and clean and you can't beat the customer service.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

I always take the Free rooms on my Comp, why pay Anything if you don't have to?

Bally's from the Pics I've seen appear to be the best but I've never stayed there preferring the Location of the Flamingo even over Harrah's. Sure the Std Flamingo rooms are a little dated but so is my whole House! What do you Expect? The rooms in Harrah's seemed Cramped to me especially with their small windows. The Flamingo Std rooms are good enough for me, with the floor to ceiling windows they at least felt bigger. I even lucked out on a top floor strip view the same week last Dec.

I've got 2 nites Free in a couple weeks but my Gambling Buddy has the whole 5 nites Free so it's the Flamingo again for the 3rd time. Location, Location, Location!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
257 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harrahs vs Ballys vs Flamingo. Which basic rooms are best?

briguy,

have stayed at all three within the last year.

flamingo would be last on my list. bally's - great view but room service trays in hallways for days. harrah's room clean - housekeeping service great, location great.

future visits will be harrah's.

hope this helps.