We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

Hello!

I know there are tons of tours offered in Vegas but have not seen any that offers a day trip to Antelope Canyon.

Have you come across any company that offers such program?

And is it possible to make it there independently?

Regards.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
1. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

I've never been to Antetelope Canyon but I intend to one day. I've no idea about tours out of Vegas but it's certainly possible to drive to Page, Az. (4-5 hours from LV) and to take a tour from there. It may make more sense to stay in Page overnight. You should ask about this on the Page forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60834-i239-Page_A…

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,196 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

Yes,its about 4-5 hours from Vegas to Page.I have not heard of any tours from Vegas that go specifically to Antelope.I think there are some that may do it as part of a Grand Circle tour.

Best thing to do is rent a car and do it yourself.There is more to Page than just Antelope Canyon.You have Horseshoe Bend,Lake Powell,the Glen Canyon dam tour,a float trip from the dam to Lees Ferry.

www.raftthecanyon.com

So you need to stay at least an overnight in Page.On the way to or from you can drive thru Zion National Park,if you want a scenic alternative to the Arizona strip route 59/389.

There are two parts of Antelope Canyon,Upper and Lower.Upper is the one more photograped.Its flat and sandy.Lower is accessed via ladders.

Edited: 23 October 2010, 17:47
singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

Thank you blegger and dez 40!

If I can only pick between antelope canyon and grand canyon south rim, which would be it?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,196 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

If you have never been to the Grand Canyon,you need to go there.But you need to stay overnight to see a sunset and sunrise.And don't get conned into going to the inferior West Rim tourist trap.

Book a room inside the park at one of the lodges.If you can't,look at the town of Tusayan just outside the park.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,667 posts
249 reviews
5. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

Antelope canyon is cool, but it's not even in the same league as the Grand canyon. And trying to do it as a day trip from Las Vegas is simply insane.

AZ
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

Well I agree with what everyone else has said - Antelope is cool but it certainly is not a day trip. If you were going to do it, you could spend the night in Page and see Lake Powell too and then stop by the Grand Canyon on the way back to Vegas, but that would be a whole bunch of driving. It's really more of a road trip than a day trip - the Grand Canyon is a day trip because of the tour operators that make it easy to get there - either way - enjoy!

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

I can't imagine being able to get to Page in 4-5 hours. There must be a faster way. We went to the Grand Canyon (not the west side) and it took most of the day, then several hours from there to Page.

We really liked the Grand Canyon, probably didn't spend enough time there to really "experience" it, we LOVED Antelope Canyon. Did a tour with a gal who's family supposedly owned the property and discovered it, toured 2 other side canyons as well. It was a photo tour and was very slow.. terriffic. Here's a shot of people milling around the the "bear cavern" …ggpht.com/_9FeY0XnhlVg/SQqF0lusFYI/AAAAAAAA… (you can see the "bear" standing over the people on the right). The slot canyons were the hit of our trip, and we really liked Sedona as well (long trip).

Edited: 26 October 2010, 01:16
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,196 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

There are a few ways to get to Page.Via the south rim of Grand Canyon it would be a 7.5-8 hour drive.

If you go up thru St.George Utah,and cut across the Arizona Strip, Hwy 59/389 then it takes 4.5-5 hours.

singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

Thank you all for the generous advises.

I read each thoughtfully and decided to make an overnight trip to Grand Canyon South Rim.

Tks again!

10. Re: Day trip to Antelope Canyon from Vegas. Possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 01:51