We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,638 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Hello again!

I’ve been absent from the LV forum for quite some time as our last trip was July 2010. Financial worries, blah, blah….but things are sooooo much better now. We’ll be at the Orleans May 3-5 for hubby’s 60th birthday. Bringing my best friend too, just like last year!

I’ve read of some of the changes – Firefly at the Plaza closed

:-(((( but now they another location onSahara….

preferences anyone?

Who’s been to the Orleans lately? I see their Mexican restaurant has a new name, Coasta Cantina – any good?

Any decent wins on Quick Hits and where?

3Chihuahuas

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Glad to see you back!!!

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Hi 3Chis!!!!!! Missed you around here- I thought you would be back soon!! I figured you were hanging out over at the Kauai forum. We will be back in July as usual. So glad your back girl!!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Don Miguels closed? I hadn't noticed. It was highly thought of for a number of years on some of the Vegas boards, although we were not fans.

We stopped in last month although we didn't stay there. We had dinner at McMullans and walked over to play a little after. Not much had changed from our October visit. My wife still played her WOZ machines, we played some VP and probably PGP.

I think they finished the new lounge near the buffet entrance, but it wasn't open the Tuesday night we were there.

We are going to miss you by a couple of weeks, so I look forward to your report. Have a great trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

3C's, Welcome Back! I finally got talked into The Orleans for 4 nights starting May 16th!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Welcome back. Glad things are looking up for you. Happy b'day to your husband!!

Diamond Bar...
Level Contributor
783 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Hi there 3 Chi's, glad you are coming back!

I stayed at the Orleans back in February and last July. Seemed like nothing had changed except for Don Miguels was now Coasta Cantina. Didn't try it and I can't recall seeing very many people at all in there when passing by there in the afternoon and evening. Big Al's still good. Also, went across the street to McMullan's pub for dinner. Thought it was pretty good food.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Welcome back!! Glad to see you have another trip on the horizon.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

I knew you'd be back!!!! I'm planning a Vegas trip between now and the Hawaii trip for next year!! Glad to see you on both boards!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,638 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

Thank you all (wiping a tear from my eye)!!!

ascmacon - I'm ALWAYS on the Kauai forum - my favorite place on Earth (sorry LV) can hardly wait to get back and now possibly moving there in the future!

Back to Las Vegas - two of you have already mentioned McMullan's for dinner??? Tell me more please!!!

Who's seen Big Elvis lately? How's the show and how early to get a table?

Breeze - I thought I remembered you were going to stay at Orleans last year - what happened?

3Chihuahuas

Dallas/Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
287 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally!!! We’re coming back to LV and the Orleans in May!!

I was at the Orleans for Super Bowl and ate at the Cantina...very good margaritas and the carne asada rocked! I always find the Orleans good and reliable...hope to get back there this year but have wedding/honeymoon in September so that is crimping my style a little hehe