We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absinthe vs Peep Show vs Zumanity

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Absinthe vs Peep Show vs Zumanity

Saw all 3 shows last week... my GF insisted and I was more than happy to acquiesce. So you know my background, our favourite ever LV show is Love which we have seen 4 times. Hated Mystere & Ka, Phantom was OK and Crazy Horse was one of the most (unintentionally) funny shows I have ever seen.

Zumanity - enjoyable, mildly funny, some great tricks. If Disney produced 'erotic' Las Vegas shows, this is what you would end up with.

Peepshow - low production standards but very entertaining. Quality of singing and dancing was surprisingly good, even Miss Maddison's acting was passable. I was totally shocked (not in a bad way!) by the levels of nakedness. I can genuinely say I have never seen so many breasts in one evening in my life (and that includes regular bachelor party trips to the Rhino, Cheetahs etc...). A very weird mix of people in the audience. Very high quota of females screaming every time Holly came on the stage.... it was very bizarre to see girls screaming 'Holly' almost hysterically every time she revealed another body part. Save some money and don't get the VIP seats, row I is the best.

Absinthe - didn't quite no what to expect and still don't quite know how to explain. The theatre is an old school big top and the seating is extremely intimate, there is no bad seat in the house... save yourself some money and don't get the VIP package. The whole show is a mix of vaudeville stage acts, burlesque, comedy and vulgarity. All is done with a large dose of irony.

Some of the acts are incredible... the rollerskaters and the strongmen received standing ovations mid-way through the show. Some of the acts are for comedy value, especially Angel and 'Green Thong Man'. All of them are enjoyable and in their own way very well done. The humour is very blue... there was a great deal of audience participation and if you are easily offended by coarse language, sexual jokes or racial jokes then think twice about coming. Overall we thought the show was hysterical and great value for money.

Zumanity 6/10

Peepshow 8/10

Absinthe 9.5/ 10

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Absinthe vs Peep Show vs Zumanity

thanks for the info! We loved Peepshow and are seeing it again in August and I'm very interested in seeing Absinthe!

2. Re: Absinthe vs Peep Show vs Zumanity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 13:16