We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
What to do?

Myself and my wife are coming to Vegas from Ireland for our honeymoon at the end of June/start of July. It is our first time in Vegas and we have no idea what expect. Is there anything we must see or do? What are the best restaurants and bars? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do?

Ok, first thing you need to do is start saving some stuff in your TA folder. Label it "Las Vegas". When you see an answer that you like, save it onto the Vegas folder. Trust me, there will be tons of stuff. (If you notice the "reply" bar, well, underneath it is the "save" button.)

When you get ready for your trip, look at the folder. Anything in there that you have not internalized, print it.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
1,309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do?

Where are you staying?

I suggest you look at some of the lists and other posts on here

There's great restaurants, fantastic hotels, sensational shows, and awesome sights!

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do?

Downtown Las Vegas (Fremont Street) is definitely worth a night of your time. This area generally has cheaper gambling, food and drink, great people watching and a good vibe. Try to get down there around 5 pm one afternoon and spend the evening partying.

http://www.vegasexperience.com/

uk
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do?

Bellagio fountains

MIrage Volcano

watch the singing gondeliers at the Venetian

TI pirate show

Fremont street show

NY NY roller coaster

And gamble

SOUTHERN OHIO
Level Contributor
931 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do?

Knowing where you are staying and for how long would certainly help us to know what to suggest. Since you're first timers you have NO ideal how many places to see, things to do, restaurants etc. there are! Also, what age group are you in? What kind of budget do you have? Help us help you and do what Hitchhiker said immediately.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do?

since your from ireland, go check out the pub "Nine Fine Irishmen" at the New York New York

http://www.ninefineirishmen.com/

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do?

You might also enjoy some time at McMullan's. If you are on the strip, catch the free shuttle from Bill's to the Orleans, it will drop you off a few minute walk to the pub.

http://www.mcmullansirishpub.com/

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do?

Make some dinner reservations now for some nicer restaurants. Way too many to list.

Arizona
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do?

Tom, the last week of June there are many TA people getting together for what we are calling SumFest. Stop by and mingle if you are in for the big gathering and many will be glad to offer you ideas there also.

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do?

I second Hitch's advise. Every day on this forum you will get loads of ideas and options.

Las Vegas offers everything you could want or need, just up you to find what you want & need, you will on TA.

What do you like to gamble on?

Are you foodies?

Do you like activities?

Do you want to see the Danm or Canyon?

Get some ideas and then ask specifics.

Where are you staying by the way?

mpo