We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

Indy
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

Wow - just read a review of Bally's posted on 6/27/2011. “Bally's 23rd floor Weird and Frightning Experience!”

Anyone else with similar experience at Bally's? I'm staying there in late August in the North Tower. Is it the north or south tower that was the original MGM Grand that burnt back in 1980?

Indy
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

Link to review:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

The person that posted that report is brand new, one review, new this week to the forum. Highly suspect.

I have stayed at Ballys several times, no ghosts, no strange noises.

Maybe the people were just drunk.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,855 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

If you believe in ghosts you're just someone who wants the world to be more interesting than it actually is.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

Only with drunks who can't remember which room they're staying in

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

I believe the part of the original MGM Grand that caught fire is indeed where Bally's North Tower now stands.

I've heard of the haunted rumours before, but I didn't experience anything ghostly when I stayed there in April this year (well, apart from my own reflection in the mirror a few mornings after a heavy night before!). We stayed in the North Tower - it may even have been floor 23 or possibly 28, can't remember exactly but it was one of the Diamond floors.

Sterling Heights...
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

Never encounter any freightening experiences in my many stays at Ballys. Perhaps we can blame it on too many free drinks

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,823 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

I DO believe, I DO believe, I DO believe...

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

Only the South Tower is haunted. Ghosts are known for being cheap, and aren't willing to pay for the upgrade to the North Tower.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Are both towers at Bally's haunted?

I was arriving back at my room in the North Tower early one morning and as I turned the corner to head down the hall, I caught my breath as I encountered what I was certain was a ghost. Turned out to be just a shirtless British guy in short pants getting ice.