We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Swanson at it again...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
David Swanson at it again...

flipkey.com/las-vegas-vacation-rentals/…

I was prepared to rent this home for a month. The contract that I received was heavily slanted towards Mr. Swanson. I mentioned that the contract never addressed the issues of returning payment if double booked or property not as described. I sent him a revised contract that more clearly described both my legal obligation and his. It was a vacation rental contract template that I simply completed and then included his contract at the end.

Mr. Swanson refused to discuss the changes. I then let him know that I was concerned because of the numerous negative reviews on TripAdvisor and I was simple looking for a legal safety net in case he tried to take my money and vanish. He then starts screaming and yelling over the phone at me about sign the original contract or leave him alone.

I contacted FlipKey about it and they have refused to do anything about to date. It has been over a month but since I did not stay there I am unable to write a review. I tried to attach a warning but to this point I have not been allowed to.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: David Swanson at it again...

David Swanson is bad bad news.

I stayed in one of his suites for my honeymoon. Big Mistake. The places he rents are filthy as he cleans them himself and he does not know what cleanliness means. I'm surprised that they are not full of rats.

STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING CONNECTED TO DAVID SWANSON

be warned he uses aliases too.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: David Swanson at it again...

Oh yes thought I'd better add this....

Being another unsatisfied custermer of David Swanson I naturally complained about him here on Trip Advisor.

David has been stalking me since my stay. I even had to disconnect my phone. Every 2-3 months I get friend requests of facebook from him. I also get LinkedIn requests as he wants to join me business contacts. This guy is deeply disturbed. All because I was unhappy and complained to him and as a last resort came on to Trip Advisor to relate my experiences of renting from him. I have decided to close my accounts with LinkedIn and Facebook

Whats funny was my last posting before this was January 13 2010. You'd think after 22 months this guy would stop stalking me.

I wonder how many people he is stalking and how seriously disturbed this guy is.

BEWARE THIS GUY IS A SERIOUS FREAK.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: David Swanson at it again...

I'm also going to beware of posters with 1 ...... or 10 posts.

You read "numerous negative reviews" ...... then you choose to do business with this person anyway?? Interesting??

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: David Swanson at it again...

Why don't you just move on? Why keep trying to fit that stepsister foot into the glass slipper?

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: David Swanson at it again...

If you are dumb enough to deal with the guy after reading the negative reviews....

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: David Swanson at it again...

you guys that comment on here are clueless. I only found out about trip advisor after I rented from David Swanson. Looks like the victums get attacked on this venue too

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: David Swanson at it again...

You'll get mixed messages here. "don't believe everything in the reviews!" cheek against jowl with "why'd you rent from him if he had negative reviews?"

It's why I stick with reputable properties when I travel. I'm sure I'm missing out on some fantastic properties, but I'm also missing out on wanting to strangle a dishonest businessperson or three.

Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: David Swanson at it again...

We rented in 2009, he cancelled the reservations, I called and advised him of the issue, calmly explaining the type of person I am and what I do and that it would be healthier if he provided the service paid for, he never raised his voice nor did I. The reservation was there minutes later. My advise, unless you need disappointment avoid this individual at all cost.

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: David Swanson at it again...

Maybe he just doesn't like northerners both Canadian and American! Eh?

On the Virginia forums there are constantly complaints concerning short term rentals. Particularly Va Beach. I've never done it and probably never will.

Edited: 07 December 2011, 14:19
Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: David Swanson at it again...

...go ahead and just pretend you did rent from him and write a review.

Obviously, nobody heeds anything so get pretty liberal in the descriptions. tell about dead animals...that always gets comment.

You better check and lock your windows too.... those freaky sneaky stalking leasing guys and all ya know...