We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets near the strip ??

London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Topic
Supermarkets near the strip ??

Hi i wanted to stock up on water and snacks etc for the week we will be on the strip at the Aria.

we wont have a car so will be relying on trams, monorail , buses and taxis and on foot.

can you suggest some supermarkets that are convenient to the strip.

i have researched online but could nt really figure out how close these were to the strip..

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets near the strip ??

No supermarket nearby, but there's a CVS drugstore with all that stuff really close to the Aria (short walk, south I think). Likely more expensive than a real grocery store, but probably a wash after taxi fare. And way less than the hotel's $3.50 bottle of water!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets near the strip ??

I'd second the CVS. It's very convenient and they have the items you're looking for. There is also a Walgreens across the street a bit further south and an ABC store in the Miracle Mile Shops in Planet Hollywood.

Otherwise, there is a Target store (like Walmart, but a bit nicer) and a grocery store at Maryland and Flamingo. You can take a cab or the #202 bus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets near the strip ??

thank you for the replies, i wont worry about taking a taxi to a walmart superstore outside the strip area.. will stick to the stores mentioned above.

Berwyn, Il
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets near the strip ??

there are a couple of CVS and walgreens on the strip

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets near the strip ??

@Hyperfocal: Let's say I take a cab from Monte Carlo to Target, how much do you think it would cost (approximate, of course)?

6. Re: Supermarkets near the strip ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 08:16