We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

It seems like shopping for Coach bags is a frequent topic here. Many recommend the outlets. Please be aware the bags sold at the outlet store are specially made for the outlet stores. Coach stores and coach outlet stores do not sell the same bags. The outlets do not carry past seasons bags. There is a difference between the two kind of stores. Coach stores and Coach outlet stores are two distinct stores where the merchandise doesn't overlap. For more information please click on this link.

brandculture.com/blog/…

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

OH NO! PERISH THE THOUGHT!

I wouldn't be caught dead buying a purse from one of the companies white trash...OUTLET STORES! Oh my!

lol

St. Albert, Canada
Level Contributor
327 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

So what! I have both 'proper' and 'outlet' Coach bags, purses, wallets etc. I love them all and don't care which Coach brand it is from!

Just saying....

Level Contributor
231 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

I few years back I saw a news story on what to buy at outlet stores and what not. They actually compared the outlet coach bags to the store ones, and found the quality to be just about the same.

So with that said I have no problem buying an outlet coach bag :)

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

I know there is a difference. I actually prefer checking the outlets first. The regular stores tend to have more seasonal inventory for the folks who want a bag every few months. At the right outlets, it's easier to find more classic styles. I prefer leather over logo purses and I have found them more easily in outlets.

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

That's why I like Dooney and Bourke, they have their regular stock in the outlet stores. Their leather is to die for!

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

I guess this might matter to a purist, or a Coach collector. I have never understood the whole obsession with logos, and designer have to have its.

I'd venture to guess that most women shopping for their bargain bag wouldn't even notice it if the tag read 'Couch' instead of Coach.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

if you think that only works with Coach, you are wrong...

Pretty much EVERY brand found in outlet stores are slightly different than in the real ones. Hence why they are much cheaper.

And, unless you have enough money to care about that kinda thing, normal people don't care, nor could they tell the difference 99% of the times...

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

No need to bash the OP for sharing this fact. I'm sure this would make a difference to some people. While the outlet bags and the store bags are of similar quality, the store bags actually have more detail most of the time. (more outer stitching, more hardware, and nicer linings)

Also, you CAN find store bags at the outlet. When they go out of season at the store, they ship some of them to the outlets.

What I DO find funny about the whole thing is that people at my local Premium Fashion Outlet will line up half a block to buy the Coach outlet bags like they are getting a top-notch store bag at a discount price, when all they are getting is basically a "legal" knock-off. If you wonder what I mean, take a look some time at the bags at the outlet and then take another look at the bags at the store.

That said, I did buy my 1 Coach bag out-of-season at the outlet and it is the exact same as the bag I saw at the store. And I bought it because I liked the style, not because the name on it is "Coach".

south dakota
Level Contributor
438 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

I just got my Coach purse in Vegas a week or two ago and get SO MANY compliments on it because it is different! I have never seen one like it and thats why I thought it was so cool. This is good to know though and thanks for sharing the info!

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For all you ladies looking for Coach bags....

Wrentham mailgirl? That place is crazy.