We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
east coast
Level Contributor
285 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

Just booked our annual anniversary trip! We have never stayed at the Flamingo. I have been reading some horrible reviews on here. We will be staying in a GO room! I don't think the pool will be an issue due to the temps in february. The most common complaint seems to be the FILTHY carpet in the hallways, and the rooms!

Maybe I can give them a call and ask them how often they clean their carpet. Very concerned due to my made up allergy to dust:)))

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
39,895 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

Flamingo is an economy hotel. As long as you know this and don't have unrealistic expectations everything will be fine. You can upgrade to one of their nicer rooms, but it will still be just a nice room in an economy hotel.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

The new class of FAB rooms looks like they will have hard floors (probably laminate). I would rebook to those since they are the most recently refreshed. They aren't avaiable yet, but will be next year when you go. You can reserve them now, online.

Edited: 27 October 2011, 11:10
London
Level Contributor
746 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

Please do not panic! I stayed in a GO room in April and loved it. My room was clean, maid service was daily and I loved the bathroom with the tv in the mirror. I would stay there again in a second!!!

Jo

east coast
Level Contributor
285 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

@Kinca, I am a Total Rewards member and have stayed at all of their properties except the Flamingo! I do not mind frequenting an economy hotel(your words) as long as it is clean and comfortable. No high expectations:))

@greenseahorse, the FAB rooms do like nice. I think I will stick with the Go luxury room, since I have read good reviews. I always liked to gamble at the Flamingo, just never stayed. Thanks for your suggestion:))

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

I stayed in a GO room last year. Thought it was wonderful. The hallways may have needed work, but I never noticed because my room was right by the elevators.

east coast
Level Contributor
285 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

That's what I was looking for, words to ease my mind! Thanks Jo and buppyspek. I normally get my rooms comped, but not this time. I have not paid for a room in years, and since I do have to pay this time, I am hoping that it will be worth the money I am spending:))

London
Level Contributor
746 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

Oh you will have a great time. I loved relaxing in the tub watching the TV with a cool beer from the fridge! I had a fab view of the Bellagio fountains as well which was an unexpected bonus!

Jo

California
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

I've stayed at the Flamingo many times and a few times I even stayed in the dreaded "regular" rooms. ;) We happen to love the Flamingo and keep going back because it feels comfortable to us. In all the times we've stayed there we've never had a problem with cleanliness.

Any hotel can have a bad day where something isn't cleaned fast enough and people will complain. I think you made a great choice. If you've stayed at all the other CET properties, you'll be just fine here. The Go Rooms are nice and I wouldn't downgrade rooms for the new FAB room, they are just a step up from the regular rooms and the Go Rooms are above the Fab rooms.

Have a great time and don't worry too much about it.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

no the pool will not be an issue since they close it totally down....locked up....no sitting at the pool with a good book....no use of the hot tubs....in total lock down...beware bills customers who are told they can use the pool

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked Flamingo for Feb, 2012, Reviews kinda of Scary:(

My brother was just there, with 3 other guys, and said the room was basic and clean. Only problem was the dirty stained carpets in halls. Room seemed clean but he still wore his flip flops/slippers...did not go barefoot. He had some type of Go room.