We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Do I Stop?

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
How Do I Stop?

I am officially in Newbie overload. I have read for hours and days. I have planned, and then changed my mind, or second guessed myself.

I have said to myself what many of you say, "Don't over plan" but I find myself doing it anyway.

Please reasure me that I am not the only one, and that all will work out.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Do I Stop?

Put away the planner! The only plan should be to have a good time. Go explore, see what you see. If you try to cram in too much you'll miss the entire spirit of it. Pick one or two things you're dying to see per day and spend the rest of the time just enjoying.

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How Do I Stop?

I am sure it will all work out and you will have a great time. It is fine to research and plan, just remember that nothing can really prepare you for your first Vegas experience. Once you are actually there, just be ok with tossing out any plans that didn't cost you money and go with the flow.

If you end up falling in love with Vegas like so many of us are - well then you will be back and can make up for anything that you did not get to do.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Florida City...
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Do I Stop?

Don't worry, you are not the only one, and you're not doing anything wrong! I read somewhere that the month leading up to a trip is when we are most excited. I'm leaving in 2.5 days and can't wait to get back to start over-planning my next trip to Vegas!

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Do I Stop?

Thanks everyone. We leave on Sunday, and I can't wait to get started.

Final question or two. I know from all of you that you can't get a cab on the street, but can you get one from businesses not at hotels? Exm: M and M store, Harley Davdision etc.

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How Do I Stop?

Don't worry about over planning, i plan 365 days a year and anyone who doesn't plan a vacation is daft IMHO.

You may struggle getting a cab from the places you mention unless you (or get an employee) to call for one. If not just stroll to the nearest hotel where there will be plenty.

Have a great time and win big!

Edited: 04 November 2011, 02:57
Walla Walla...
Level Contributor
340 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Do I Stop?

If nothing else please allow for Bellagio.s Fountains. They make the trip worthwhile.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Do I Stop?

Its nice to plan. I do it every time before we go. But I never stick to it. Which is great because we get to come back and see the things we missed. Its nice to read and figure out where things are. Just do not try to do them all.

Las Vegas is huge! First time going I tried to see and do everything. Huge mistake! First off I about killed us and our feet. Second we missed alot of things by trying to see the next place or thing. Take your time! Enjoy it at a slow pace and take it all in. You will be back! Believe me. Eventually you will just go to the places and do the things you enjoy the most.

Most of us on TA are ate up with Las Vegas. Come here everyday no matter when our next trip is planned. I love it! Make yourself knowledgable, be aware of your surrounding and just have a good time. Mistakes are okay. It gives you experience. And experience is what life is all about.

BURLINGTON ONT
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Do I Stop?

One day turn left out of your hotel next right then cross street and repeat one more for downtown

5 days planned easy way

Boston
Level Contributor
24,478 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Do I Stop?

Some planning is fine when going on vacation.

Too much planning is not good.

What you dont see this time you see next time.

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
751 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Do I Stop?

The Las Vegas pre-trip planning is half the fun of the trip......there is so much to do in Vegas, so much to see, and it's unlike any other place in the world. That being said, there is generally NO WAY you can see or do everything you plan for (if you like planning half as much as I do).....but that will just give you a starting point for your next trip.

So go ahead and plan away, but don't get stressed or upset when plans somehow fall by the wayside, as they tend to do in Vegas...

Just let your hair down and have fun!! Good luck!!