We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-Z rent a car

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Topic
E-Z rent a car

Any feedback good or bad welcome.

91 replies to this topic
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-Z rent a car

Never heard of them... I'd suggest you rent from one of the majors at the car rental center, it'll save a lot of hassles. I've never had an issue with enterprise, budget, dollar or hertz.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E-Z rent a car

This is the way it works in real life: If you are only saving a few $ it isn't worth it, if you are saving a lot of $$ it's probably too good to be true and not worth the risk.

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: E-Z rent a car

It wasn't that big of a savings. Are you serious? You've never even heard of them? I better re-book with someone else. thanks!

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,706 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: E-Z rent a car

I found their website. Other than a logo, the site has some generic pictures of Las Vegas. Their history shows they started with 9 vehicles in Orlando and now are a major competitor.

Under their policies, you are not permitted to leave Nevada without management approval...don't try going to Death Valley or across the Hoover Dam!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E-Z rent a car

They do have a desk at the central car rental facility, which is a positive thing. Unless the savings is huge, I would still pass on them. I just came back the midwest and rented with Ace, whom I had never heard of. The savings was significant, but you get what you pay for. The rental counter and lot was understaffed, the car had 40,000 miles on it. One of our vehicles had to be returned with a service engine light on. The replacement vehichle run low on oil. In the end, not worth it. I never heard of E-Z. I would go with one of the bigger boys.

6. Re: E-Z rent a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2012, 15:05

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: E-Z rent a car

I just did research on car rentals, one way convertible from Vegas to LA and EZ Rent came out to be the lease expensive and I've had a lot of experience with car rental companies in the past. Big names aren't necessarily the best. Some of them have expensive drop-off fees, some don't do one-way or drop-offs at different locations and some are just double in price. So hopefully all goes well with my reservation but I'm willing to give E Z Rent a try.

Edited: 01 May 2012, 14:29
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: E-Z rent a car

Rented from them in Orlando. Well I tried to.

1. Long long line

2. Refused to accept my credit card as insurance but had to have my personal insurance info

3. Then they PUSHED insurance like crazy. I resisted the horror stories.

4. I had reserved a midsize. They wanted to give me something like a Metro. When I asked if that was a mudsize 'it is this week'. In other words, they resized the cars because it was busy

I tore up contract and went to Hertz

san diego
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: E-Z rent a car

Just got back from Vegas and rented a car from EZ. Great price, great service and great car. I'd definitely rent from them again. My car was new (I rented a compact). The Airport consolidated rental car center is wonderful - wait for shuttle to and from airport is short. I had no wait at counter at pick up, but that's probably b/c I picked up early Sunday morning. They do push their insurance, but what rental company doesn't. I just answered no and that was it.

Puyallup, WA
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: E-Z rent a car

People here should not get down on a business so fast just because it offers a lower price. That happens to be the nature of competition, and is a strategy newcomers have to often use to build a customer base. Of course there can be some risk to it, that's why it's good to get some consumer reports information like what was furnished by jenny. Those who wish to be more risk averse can pay the higher prices.

Reply to: E-Z rent a car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted