We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas airport shuttles

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas airport shuttles

Hi all,

I have read up a bit on the shuttles and can't find one that doesn't have at lease 3 bad reviews. Are their any airport shuttles that are reliable. I don't mind if it takes a while to get to the EXCALIBUR, but a bit worried the shuttle will be late getting back to the airport and miss our next flight. Any suggestions on which shuttle to use and/or get a taxi back, probably more expensive, but at least reliable.

Cheers

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

As there's more than one of you, taking cabs makes more economic sense than a shuttle. Tell the driver to take Tropicana to avoid being long-hauled.

vancouver
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

Hi Brunettesrule,

I have not used the shuttle either, but have been offered a transfer for our next trip on the Shuttletime and will also be interested in your responses. We are going to the MGM and wonder how long this would take to arrive from the airport. We always take the cabs from the airport and we have learned to give the Phrase no tunnel please.

We like the quickness of the taxi.

Wanda

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

Thank you.

Do I need to tell the cabbie not to take the tunnel? and/or to take Tropicana?

Can you please explain in a little more detail. Thanks.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

Tell the driver the way you do want to go rather than a route you don't wish to take which to me suggests negativity and still leaves you open to be long-hauled. Telling him to take Tropicana automatically avoids the tunnel.

Edited: 18 April 2012, 05:15
Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
445 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

Have never had a problem with Showtime.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

I've used Showtime shuttles several times, and I've always found them to be fast, efficient, and reliable.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

I take Showtime. Only issue is some long waits for the correct shuttle to arrive when leaving the airport.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,629 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

I have (also taken Showtime and other shuttles(Ritz ,last time) and have had no issues. On the other hand I have had a few issues with cabs and am probably done with them unless absolutely necessary. I have taken shuttles back to the airport and have had no problems. Im sure some do arise at times but not for me thus far.

Kent, Washington
Level Contributor
874 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

The shuttle I took (CLS?) sucked. Sit at the curb for 40 minutes.

Maybe during flight high traffic time, when shuttle is filling up fast, but otherwise: no, no, no

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Vegas airport shuttles

After a 12 hour flight the last thing I want is any sort of disagreement with a cabbie, have been both longhauled and tunnelled in the past we will sit patiently while the shuttle fills up and if we are the last drop then we will enjoy the sights on the way.

E1