We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas to meteor crater, Arizona

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas to meteor crater, Arizona

Can anyone tell me how far it is between these 2 places and how long it will take to drive to the crater from Las Vegas.

Thanks for your help.

Los Angeles, Ca
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas to meteor crater, Arizona

It's about 300 miles from Las Vegas to the Berringer Meteor Crater.

It should take about 5 1/2-6 hours to drive it. The crater itself is awesome, but I'm not sure if it's worth losing a day of your Vegas vacation. It's about a half hour away from Flagstaff. Several years ago, we drove from Phoenix to Sedona, then Sedona to the Meteor Crater, then on to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon and then on to Vegas. We left at 5am and finally got to Vegas after Midnight.

I don't particularly recommend that kind of driving in one day.

Don't miss the petrified forest!

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas to meteor crater, Arizona

We stopped at the Meteor Crater on our coast to coast excursion in 2003, it is worth seeing if you're in the area but I wouldn't make a specific trip unless you're really into stuff like that.

We then drove to the Grand Canyon from there stopping overnight in Flagstaff (beautiful town - this I recommend). The drive to Flagstaff from the crater was around 2 hours from what I remember (it was 2003) and then the drive to the Canyon next morning was another couple of hours. We then drove from the Canyon to Vegas via Hoover Dam and this took around 8 hours.

So based on all that I'd think driving direct from the Crater to Vegas would take around 7-8 hours but my memory could be way off!

Steve

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas to meteor crater, Arizona

Thanks for your help. Think we'll stay in Vegas this trip and leave the drive to the crater for another holiday.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas to meteor crater, Arizona

Good plan. If you wanted a trip out of Vegas then there are lots of things closer to Vegas that would rank way above the Meteor Crater.