We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shania's new show

Timmins, ON
Level Contributor
351 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Shania's new show

Got to see the Premiere show of "You're Still the One" last night.

Great show. A feast for the eyes, ears and nose... yes, I did say nose. During the show, at different parts, different scents are pumped into the theatre (Campfire, pine trees, etc).

Shania sang her most popular hits and left us wanting more.

I highly recommend it.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Shania's new show

I'm guessing that the horse taking a dump resulted in one of the more intoxicating scents...... :-)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shania's new show

Hi renren,

Thanks for the post. So glad you enjoyed Shania's concert. Did you also attend the meet n greet and silent auction after?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shania's new show

nytimes.com/2012/12/03/arts/music/shania-twa…

Review of the show in today's NY Times.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shania's new show

Las Vegas Review Journal's Norm Clarke's show comments:

"Few shows I've seen over the years close as strongly as Shania Twain's "Still the One" at Caesars Palace on Saturday night. The scene with the white horse, in which she sings "You're Still the One," and the finale are epic. But there's work to be done, starting with low energy early on (after the aerial entry on a motorcycle), a too-long campfire scene and, at times, overdone video. Tighten it up and add more lighter moments."

lvrj.com/news/strip-club-kingpin-jack-galard…

Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shania's new show

The campfire bit was cute however the fan she sat next to was a horrible singer and sadly Shania kept letting him sing. There is a good 30 minutes of real country stuff - real honky tonk style - that seemed endless.

The last few songs were awesome as was the speech before 'Up'. Overall I had a blast and I'm not a huge country fan - however for the most part its a really country style show. Most of the singles she released in Australia were very poppy mixes though the show arrangements were very country.

Kelligrews...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shania's new show

I agree a wonderful show. Also I wouldn't cross the road to see Celine

Kent, England
Level Contributor
235 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shania's new show

Why can't you take pictures during the show?? I've never been to a concert before where you couldn't take photo's during the show!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Shania's new show

RE: Pictures, when I saw Cher they had metal detectors and you had to check your phones/cameras before you could get in.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,073 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Shania's new show

Vegas shows do not allow pictures taken during performances. HOWEVER most have them for sale in the lobby or gift shop.

The notable exception to this rule is Terry Fator.

Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Shania's new show

Lots of people taking photos of the curtains... I guess taking photos ends the need for programs and they sure love waving those $30 books around.