We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mt.iron, mn
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

We're heading to Vegas in mid-April, and checking with Allegiant Air, it looks like we'll be paying approx $850 for 2 roundtrip. Last year we paid $600. Was wondering if the prices go down at all or will they go up?

Thanks!!

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

I've been checking on the rates from Fargo, and it has been steady at the same exact rate for the last 3 months. I don't think they fluctuate that much unless they decide to run a special on Vegas flights. I am finding that yes, they are about $100 higher per ticket lately. I am not sure if this helps.

minnesota
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

The prices have gone up since our last trip also. I have even priced going to the cities, that is even more!! Just the price of flying these days. Guess this close you will probably not find them cheaper.

Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

We already booked 2 round trip tickets for early June.

Allegiant had great prices we couldn't pass on.

Best thing is to keep checking.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

We are going at the end of May to the beginning of June. I bought our flight TO Las Vegas last week when the price dropped for a day. I am still waiting for the flight home to go down before booking it. Allegiant prices are higher than they were a year ago. However, they are still less expensive than other airlines (which do not fly direct).

Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

This will blow your mind. Direct flights/return new York state, taxes and fees per person 160$

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
796 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

The best deals with Allegiant are to book way in advance. I just booked today for late April from ND for $740 for two round trip. I wouldn't expect mid-April to come down since those dates are included in their current valentines sale.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

We have used Allegiant alot, but they seem alot higher now for some reason. So we will be flying Southwest instead. 2 RT with tax/checkin upgrade for less than 600$. Its direct too! Our best luck with Allegiant is booking either 6 months in advance or 2 wks before.

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

Has anyone checked Spirit airlines out of the cities? They may be cheaper. Doesn't pay for me to drive the extra hours....unless I am saving hundreds:)

Pleasant Grove, Utah
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

Agreed...since Allegiant focuses on the leisure traveler, the earlier you book the better.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
660 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Time To Book Allegiant Air

We booked our flight out for mid-May trip the third week of January. I had been watching for weeks and both flights went up $15-20 pp. I held off on the leg home, hoping it would go back down a little. Low and behold today it dropped down a price point. I booked. While I would love to get a $95 or cheaper flight one way, I really don't want to pay $20 pp more. I just kept an eye for it to show so many seats left at the price it was when deciding when to purchase.