We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

Newbury
Level Contributor
195 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

We are flying in from the Uk on Monday afternoon for our first ever Vegas trip.

We are thinking of taking a bus ride to Fremont Street on Tuesday evening. Can you tell me if anything will be going on? I read a post earlier saying Vegas is 'dead' on a Tuesday night......I find that hard to believe! When is h best night to go? I will be staying for a week. I have a 15 hour tour with Great Adventures to see h Grand Canyon on the Friday so that rules a Friday out.

Thanks

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

No one ever knows for sure what "dead" is, but anyhow - just make sure you go down in the evening to see the light show - which doesn't begin until after sunset.

Chicago
Level Contributor
122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

Linda,

The problem with other people claiming things are "dead" is relative to what they consider is busy. Having said that, Fremont is always busy with tons of people to watch, music to listen to, and the brilliant Show of Lights during the night. Although every place is busier during the weekend, I would still go when it's most suitable to your itinerary. Remember, the busier it is, the more pick-pocketers there are to steal your belongings (but don't let that scare you...I've been to Vegas at least 20-25 times and have never had anyone steal any of my belongings). Have a great time. Take care and God bless!!!

><> SavnOne <><

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

We have been numerous times during the week, including Tuesdays and it has always been really busy. Of course, not like the weekends, which sometimes can be just way too many people! Go and have fun! It is pretty crazy downtown but we love it!

Newbury
Level Contributor
195 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

Thanks guys :-).

I thought I would go on Tuesday then If I like it I can go back later in the week. I am sure it will be lots of fun down there.

Ill be sure to keep a tight hold on my purse!

Thank you x

Whittemore, Iowa
Level Contributor
84 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

It was busy on a Tuesday night when I was there last year in June.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

I would go on a weekend. I've been on a monday with my parents and it was fun for sure but my parents had gone saturday and sunday as well and they prefered it when it was busier.. They said the atmosphere was more fun.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

We were just there this past Tuesday and it was busy. There were bands playing and all of the vendors and characters were out. It probably wouldn't be as busy at midnight on a tuesday as it would on a weekend night but if you go in the evening there will be plenty of people around. Have fun!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
748 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

I've been "playin' and stayin'" on Fremont Street since before the days of the canopy. Tuesday night is not much different than Friday or Saturday night other than maybe a few less people.

9. Re: Fremont Street On A Tuesday night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 00:17