We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Topic
The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

Hello All,

Thinking of booking a trip for Early July. How close are these two to be the same, as far as rooms go? I've been to The Venetian, and maybe even the Palazzo, I can't remember. I'm sure the rooms are somewhat similar, has anyone stayed at both, and can recommend either or?!

Perks of 1 vs the other?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

Palazzo is quiet more laid back.

I would recommend the Venetian over Palazzo unless your looking for quiet and laid back.

The two are connected.

Pictures of a few Hotels.

…photobucket.com/user/TheDiceman7/library/…

Edited: 23 May 2013, 14:19
Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

" I'm sure the rooms are somewhat similar, has anyone stayed at both"

Sorry, they are very similar and I look at them both as being just one complex instead of two different hotels.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

I also look at them as a big complex. The rooms at Palazzo are slightly newer with a modern flair. The Venetian is a little more classic beauty. I think the floor plans are identical. I like Palazzo because the more modern the better for me. But, then the food court for a quick bite is only at Venetian.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. Hopefully we will like it there, although Aria was definitely my favorite so far, and probably hard to beat.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

If you have a car you'll be self parking, the Palazzo is much more conviencent. Otherwise, I find the Venetian to have a lot more style.

As others have said, think of it as one big hotel with two towers.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

I prefer the Palazzo-the parking is very handy, it's more quiet, and you can still experience the Venetian anytime you want...just a short walk. We were there earlier this month and they had many, many new machines at both Venetian and Palazzo. Whatever you decide, enjoy your stay!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
541 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

The basic suites are set up the same way, as you enter the large bathroom is off to one site, and then you are in the bedroom area. Step down two steps to the L-shaped sofa, TV, Table with 3 chairs, and desk with fax. The Venetian has a wrought iron railing separating the two areas. The Palazzo has a little solid wall about 24 inches high. Overall the Palazzo seems newer, but there are refurbished rooms at the Venetian.

One thing the Palazzo has that the Venetian does not is the Palazzo Prestige (aka the Concierge level). I know some here do no think that it offers value. I do. It is an additional charge of $50pp/night. For that $50 you do not pay the resort fee (which is now optional--but with the Prestige, you get all those things included-Free wifi, paper, free entry to Canyon ranch spa etc), In the lounge you get a breakfast in the morning with pastries (I think from Bouchon), fruit, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, hot entree, coffee, espresso, cappuccino/Snacks, soft drinks, bottled water, coffee all day long/Evening reception with 5-8 hot and cold entrees (recently on Thursday hot apps from Tao and on Friday hot apps from Valentino) and an open bar with some of the best drinks---Lemon Drop Martini, Espresso Martini, Crown on the rocks etc. I don't want to forget to mention their specialty drink, The Ledger!! And then dessert from 7-8.

I only mention the Prestige, because to me it was/is very value added. I have been coming to Vegas since 1992 at least once a year, sometimes as many as 5 times a year for business (those were the days!), and I did not hear of the Prestige until about 2-3 years ago---I think they moved the concierge from the Venetian to the Prestige when it was built. So it might be an option for you as well.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

I like both hotels, but for some reason I find the Palazzo very cold,I need my winter woollies in there even in the hight of summer. B rrrrrrr!!!!!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

Hmm. I think I'll probably go with the Palazzo, I'll be sure to bring a coat though :)

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Venetian Vs The Palazzo

I do prefer the Palazzo for a number of reasons--the main one being more laid back. But it's also lighter and brighter, and easier to navigate. Since all the attractions of the Venetian property are just a hallway away, Palazzo offers the best of both worlds for me.