We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

California Hot...
Level Contributor
792 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Arrived in LV via car(road trip) and checked into Bally's at 4pm today. Bally's has a Platinum line at check-in that was empty and waiting for the wife and I (Bonus#1). Gold line was long. Bonus#2, check-in clerk stated that as a Platinum player I get a FREE upgrade to North Tower. No $20 trick needed. So I would always book South Tower(cheaper) and get free upgrade. Went to room, North Tower 20th floor. Elevator opened and sign in hall said "Welcome to Diamond Floor". Score again! Room definitely updated recently. Nice king bed, couch and two desks. One desk, which I am at now has a granite top. Perfect setup for your laptop, desk lamp and plenty of electrical plugs.

Time to get Free 24hr. Buffet of Buffets. Part of new CET Visa package. Here is my strategy. Start with dinner at 8pm. This allows for breakfast, lunch and dinner the second day. Just remember, it's free so you don't need to get your moneys worth. Went to Paris buffet tonight. Long line, but(bonus time) special entrance for Platinum players. Door says Seven (?) and Diamond only, but Platinum allowed.

Time for some Poker. Tomorrow(Tuesday) we are going to "Raiding the Rock Vault' at LVH. I am a "Woodstock" veteran. The reviews are great and the hotel magazine has a 2 for 1 coupon. Tickets are only $54 each.

I'll continue tomorrow,

Peace

Calgary
Level Contributor
730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Sounds like you are having a great trip so far. Wish the Visa card would work for Canadians. Keep us posted - love reading trip reports and Bally's is one of my favourite places to stay.

California Hot...
Level Contributor
792 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Back from Bally's poker room. Small profit, but a profit it is. Time for bed.

Tomorrows another day in LV baby. Life is good.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Enjoying your Live TR! Keep it coming!!!

Jersey
Level Contributor
481 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Bring it on! I like to hear about the adventures and benefits of the new CET card. I just got one and am hoping to do the same trip in August.

California Hot...
Level Contributor
792 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Internet problems, so not live anymore. I'm at Grand Canyon now and internet works better.

Las Vegas, Tuesday, June 4:

Buffet of Buffets. Only because it was free. Just too much food for 24 hours. I liked PH buffet better than Paris. Here is the part I don't understand with the buffets. The cost of the Paris only dinner buffet is $48 per person if you pay. Anyone can buy a 24 hour buffet pass for $49? Please explain?

"Rock Vault" show at the LVH. A must show, especially for us Baby Boomers. All the great songs. Who, Queen, The Eagles, Deep Purple, Robert Palmer. Songs of the 60, 70 and 80. "American Woman", "My Generation". Tickets only $59. Tip: Sign up for the LVH players card and they will give you two FREE tickets. Must go in morning, they only allow 200 free tickets. Great show by former members of great groups. My first time at the LVH in many years. They have really fixed the place up.

Wednesday, June 5:

Milo's(Cosmo) $23 lunch special. You can't beat it. Right across the hall is the no name pizza joint(dinner).

Downtown light show. Lots of crazy people downtown. Almost as good as the show. The light show was a tribute to "Queen".

Checkout Thursday was a breeze. Nobody in the Platinum line again. I highly recommend the Visa card before you stay at a CET property in LV. Line passes, free upgrades, free buffet(24hrs.) and $100.

Life is good

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
473 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

My friend also got the card. I'm glad to see it is catching on, as it is a good deal. If I didn't dislike plastic so much I'd get one, but as a platinum player the old fashioned way, the perks wouldn't be that great for me. Glad you had fun!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Glad you had a good time a took full advantage of the perks with the new card.

I got the card too... question. How did you "redeem" the buffet pass for the buffet of buffet? Did you have to go through a TR desk or directly at a Buffet.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
394 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

you go to tr desk first.

California Hot...
Level Contributor
792 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Burmuda got it right. TR desk. But remember, as soon as you go to the TR desk and your players card is activated, the 24 hrs. starts.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live TR: Ballys, Cet Visa Card/Platinum

Thanks both... good to know it starts right away :)