We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vegas over thanksgiving??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
vegas over thanksgiving??

How's Vegas over thanksgiving?is it a ghost town? Hows the weather? Thanx guys!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

Too cold for pools generally. Need a light jacket or sweater for walking around for most.

Far from a ghost town. Many locals come out to the buffets for the Thanksgiving dinners. You also get a lot of people coming in Thurs and Fri and making it a long weekend.

Some shows are "dark" that week.

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

We've gone to Vegas the last 5 years during Thanksgiving day and/or weekend after. Its not busy on the Thurs and Friday, but the crowds start coming in on Friday just like a regular weekend.

I personally think its a good time to come out. We usually do some of our christmas shopping while in town for the long weekend.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

Unlike 818, I have noticed that the crowds are coming in by highway from So Cal on the Thursday of T-Day, for a three day weekend. So Friday after T-Day is already crowded. Of course, a lot of people visit the malls that day, and now they are opening the stores at midnight or earlier.

About 10 years ago, I had to drop my wife off at the outlet mall on the Friday of T-Day weekend, and that was completely insane -- not trying to park, just dropping off and picking up!!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

I've gone up the Friday after a few times. Once there it wasn't super crowded, although there was quite a bit of traffic between LA and Vegas.

canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

been going thanksgiving weekend for over 5 years ,,, I like it ,,, but this year I will be going nov. 17 th for 5 days,,,, on account of family not coming thks wkend

it can get crowdy ,, so if you expect to be dinning reserve way ahead of time ,, and the buffet lines are long

a light jacket and sweater are something to bring,,,, as temperatures can vary

Gresham, oregon
Level Contributor
62 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

we've been probably 8 times in the last 15 years. weather is refreshing. not to cold during the day.

we love it but also feel a tad guilty on thanksgiving day ha haa.

shockingly the times we have been there is quite the crowds of people!!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
680 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

We were there last Thanksgiving, and it seemed just as busy as any long weekend. Nice time of year to go!

8. Re: vegas over thanksgiving??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 00:17