We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firefly car rental

Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Firefly car rental

Anybody use them before? I rent cars in Vegas 3 or 4 times per year...never ehard of them. I did a search today and this is the first time they have ever come up on a search.

Anyone?

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,208 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firefly car rental

Never.

Is whatever you're saving worth the doubt? Stick with a major. As a regular renter you must think that. No?

Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firefly car rental

I don't mind going with Hertz or Budget or whomever...however, I have also never had a problem with Payless. I don't like Fox.

I typically look for good deals...I am not renting a Lincoln Town Car when a Ford Focus will do. Saving money on the rental is always a good thing.

But, with some good reviews from folks here, Firefly might be worth a try.

Remember, the major brands all started small.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,208 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firefly car rental

Can't argue with that.

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Firefly car rental

While I haven't used them myself, I did come across this info when looking for something in Orlando recently that might be helpful...

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k6822758…

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Firefly car rental

Firefly is a new low-cost service owned by Hertz. They use the exact same reservation system as Hertz, which was the first clue for me. I confirmed with a Google search.

I'll be using Firefly this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes...

Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Firefly car rental

Great! Thanks!!

new york
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Firefly car rental

I noticed they are at the airport terminal and rates are decent..anybody use them directly from terminal?

8. Re: Firefly car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 19:35
Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Firefly car rental

Egad! Thanks.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Firefly car rental

I survived my rental experience with Firefly. Would I recommend them? Probably not, but I'm glad I chose them over Dollar.

My flight into Las Vegas was late, and I did not make it to the rental car terminal until midnight Friday night. The small Firefly rental counter was situated right next to the Dollar counter. In fact, you won't be able to find it unless you look for the Dollar sign when you enter the terminal.

There was only one man working, and it took me 1h20m to get my car. There were only about 10 people in front of me! And what did I end up with? A Dodge Grand Caravan, despite having reserved a mid-size car. So while I saved cash on the rental, I made up for it with gas. At least drop-off, which was Monday around 5:30 PM, went smoothly. It took just a couple minutes before I was on my way.

For as bad as my experience with Firefly was, it paled in comparison to what people at Dollar endured. Although their check-in line moved quickly, a long line formed in the garage to wait for cars. The line was over 30 people long at one point around 1 AM, and there simply weren't any more cars. Most customers finally gave up and returned to the Dollar counter to void their contracts.