We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking alot! Best shoes?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

Every time I go to Vegas my feet get destroyed. I go from runners, flip flops, heals, boots, flats and every time my feet are in so much pain by the time I get home. Any suggestions on a good pair of walking runners or shoes. I am leaving in 2 months and want to work in a descent pair of shoes so this does not happen again! My husband wears the same runners through our the trip an never has issues. thank you, Lisa

Farr West, Utah
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

I like Sketchers, go walk.

California
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
23 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

It depends on what youre most comfortable in. Im really comfortable walking around for long periods of times in my cowboy boots, but not every one is. some people can wear heels and be more comfortable in them and not in flats/sneakers. What im doing this trip is wearing a pair of comfortable flats for walking and putting my heels in my purse to change into when we get to where we are going!

Level Contributor
567 posts
3. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

We wore Sketchers Go Walk shoes and even though we still somehow managed to get a blister each (although mine might have been from the first day when I wore Birkenstocks) our feet were in considerably better condition than last time.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

Maybe you are buying the wrong footwear for your feet ?

Or are buying cheaper footwear, good walking shoes or runners will cost a few bucks in most cases...

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
45 reviews
39 helpful votes
5. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

Shoes that love me at home hate me in vegas. I find the combo of flying and 18 hour days on my feet cause them to swell a little. I also feel that wearing different shoes throughout the trip helps.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
819 posts
42 reviews
40 helpful votes
6. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

Go to a place such as the Running Room, they can advise on the best walking shoe for you. I'm a Nike girl, always have been, my feet get tired but that's to be expected.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

Thank you everyone!!! I was thinking about Birkenstocks even though they are not my style, but I may go with the Sketchers Go Walk shoes. I wear all types of shoes. Heals to work, flats, flip flops, boots depending on what I am wearing every other time. This time I think I will wear runners during the day and switch it up in the evening when we take cabs. I am willing to drop some $s if it saves my feet from being in so much pain on day 5 of our trip. Again, thank you! Lisa

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
68 reviews
33 helpful votes
8. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

New Balance and Asics also come in widths.

Also go to a store that specializes in fitting people with difficult feet, not the mall store where you're waited on by 17 year old clueless clerks

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
972 posts
677 reviews
434 helpful votes
9. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

Skechers has some slightly dressier wedge heels and stuff too that I have found to be the most comfy (as far as heels go). I brought my favorite pair along to Mexico City with me in June, never once gave me a blister and were always comfy, but on that trip they decided to betray me and gave me some blisters so bad that I had to wrap both my feet up in bandages (they were pretty worn out at that point). Ended up driving across town to get to a mall before it closed to go to a Skechers store and buy a nice pair of wedges that had a comfy memory foam sole; I've worn them on several trips (with a lot of walking) since I got them and they were great. My old Skechers got a nice funeral in the garbage can at the hotel.

Same thing happened to me in Taipei too - I was wearing some chucks and after a couple days of constant walking my feet were super sore. We went to Skechers and I bought a pair of memory foam slip ons that I wore the rest of the trip and my feet stopped hurting.

So yeah, there's my little story about why I love Skechers, they're my favorite "oh god my feet are going to die I need comfy shoes now" store. Figured I'd chime in and let you know they have other good, comfy options than just sneakers. If you pick the right ones you can wear 'em for a nice night out too :)

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
5 reviews
11 helpful votes
10. Re: Walking alot! Best shoes?
Save

For a winter type shoe go for DANSCO! Seriously, the best most comfortable shoe. DANSCO was made for professional women who are on their feet all day. I will be taking 2 pairs with me & can walk all over & not have one single issue.

For the summer I live in Fit Flops! A wonderful comfy cute shoe that I can walk all over Vegas & not have any problems!

Mia

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.