We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering about drive time

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Wondering about drive time

How much of drive is Jackson to North Conway? If I'm planing on shopping in North Conway, is Jackson still a good place to stay?

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
226 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wondering about drive time

Someone is bound to correct me - but I would think it about 10-15 minutes to North Conway from Jackson (add a few more minutes to get to the south end of North Conway where all of the outlets are). So... I would put it at 15-20 minutes.

It is not too far to stay if shopping is your focus!

We stayed north of Jackson once - and it was nice because it was a little quieter. We drove into North Conway quite a bit - to shop, for dinner, etc. Jackson is quaint, but other than a few good lunch stops (and the Red Fox Restaurant which is quite good) - there is not much to do there. Good for walking, cross-country skiing. Have seen a number of moose in the area on past visits.

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wondering about drive time

Denny's got it about right. Traffic in North Conway can get quite thick and exasperating, at times, though, and could turn the drive into over a half hour.

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
3. Re: Wondering about drive time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Jackson