We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations for Jackson?

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
1,280 reviews
Restaurant recommendations for Jackson?

We like just about anything-historic would be nice...give any suggestions, however!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Jackson?

Most of the restuarants are located in historic buildings and there are many others located outside of the village in neighboring towns. Here's some in Jackson:

Shannon Door Pub - Irish food, excellent pizzas and have 2 Irish guys with guitars on Fri/Sat - they accept only cash but have an ATM machine inside.

J-Town Deli - great place for picking up groceries, good lunch sandwiches/picnic food, breakfast is okay, not great but it is a great place to sit on Sunday with a newspaper and meet some of the locals.

Thompson House Eatery - mid to upscale dining - great food especially their salads.

Shovel Handle Pub at Whitney's - casual, good food and entertainment.

Eagle Mtn House - great views and food.

Wilcat Tavern - fun on Tuesday nights, its an open Mike nite. They have a fine dining establishment and a pub. Both have great food. Under new ownership and I have to say it's gotten even better.

Inn at Thorn Hill and The Wentworth - upscale European cusine

The Red Fox Pub - casual, affordable and really cheap good Sunday brunch. They have a kid's only room where families sit and kids can run around and do what they want - play with toys, watch movies, etc.

Yesterdays - awesome breakfast!!

You'll have plenty to pick from.

Enjoy!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,354 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Jackson?

Since you said 'historic buildings', you might enjoy the 1785 Inn in Intervale just north of North Conway. They have a very elegant old dining room with fine quality fare. My grandmother used to stay there in the 50s when it was known as the Idlewild Inn. The other place where she used to take me as a child (like when I was 5 years old), was the dining room at the Eastern Slope Inn in NC. That was where my grandmother taught me how to behave in a proper dining room. I'm grateful to this day for the way she taught me my manners.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Jackson?

We also love:

- the Shannon Door Pub (cheap, great pizzas & entertainment on weekends)...

- Inn at Thorn Hill (upscale, great service, great wine & great food)

- J-Town Deli (good lunches, groceries, etc. - great place to meet the townies)

- Red Fox (try the bbq chicken potato skins - far from healthy but yummy, good kid place - they have a families only dining area with toys & the kids can watch a movie while they wait).

- Shovel Handle Pub at Whitney's Inn (only been here once but the food was excellent - try the mac & cheese)

Other's not mentioned:

The Christmas Farm Inn - yummy dinner's and LOVE the desserts.

The Notchland Inn - about 1/2 drive outside of Jackson headed towards Bretton Woods, but OMG - the best food & service & atmosphere - beautiful grounds and romantic!!

White Mountain Cider Company - really great menu, good wine, great service & atmosphere - in Bartlett - head towards Attitash on Rt 302, it's on the left before you get to Attitash about 10 minutes from Jackson.

We also love the Bancock (next to Aaron Hats) in downtown N Conway - best Thai food! Only a few tables, but the tourists haven't found this place yet!

For Italian our favorite is Maestro's also in downtown N Conway - service is sometimes slow but the food is great!

Of course Horsefeathers in N Conway is always great - try the Curried Asparagus Bisque Soup.

Yesterday's does have good breakfast but we prefer Peaches down in N Conway. Always busy so get there early.

The Wildcat recently changed owners, we've tried it a few times and weren't crazy about the food.

The Thompson House has good salads but the service is hit or miss (people are nice, but a bit slow) and I have never had a good glass of wine there.

We've been to the Wentworth a few times as well - food was just okay but for the price it wasn't worth it - especially with so many other great places to choose from....

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
1,280 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Jackson?

Thanks to all of u who made recommendations! I am sure we will enjoy our dining around Jackson, now just to make a decision..lol.

5. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Jackson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 00:29
Get answers to your questions about Jackson
Recent Conversations